Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Identifier: AC 0191
Abstract Correspondence files, 1932-1935, maintained by George Hardman, on various projects, including drought relief, erosion, irrigation and water supply with other state and federal agencies. Included is a copy of a presentation by William Peterson at the Stockmen's Convention, Ursine, Nevada, 1932, on the Taylor Grazing Act. A second series of records, 1939-1942, were maintained by Howard G. Mason, agricultural planning specialist, concerning the Nevada State Land Use Planning Committee and...
Overview George Arthur Bartlett (1869-1951) was a Nevada lawyer; District Attorney of Eureka County, 1898-1900; District Court Judge of Reno, 1918 and 1921-1930; U.S. Representative from Nevada, 1906-1910; and author of the book Men, Women, and Conflict, 1931, which was revised and reissued in 1947 as Is Marriage Necessary? Bartlett's obituaries claimed he granted more than 20,000 divorces, earning him the sobriquet of "the Divorce...
Overview James Edward Church, Jr.(1869-1959) was a Ph.D and classics professor at the University of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains Church's personal and professional correspondence to and from people and organizations connected with snow surveying, notes, reports, manuscripts (published and unpublished); also personal mementos, diaries, maps and artifacts. Also included is Florence Humphrey Church's correspondence with the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Abstract Copy of a diary kept by an anonymous author on a journey from St. Joseph to Cedarville, California by way of the Humboldt and Carson Rivers in Nevada. Also included are letters, 1938-1966 from Ralph L. Phelps and Dale L. Morgan regarding the provenance of the diary and geographical details, and a typescript by Phelps.
Abstract A report to the Upper-Humboldt River Water Storage Committee to provide information regarding the economic feasibility of implementing the Army Engineers' proposed flood control and irrigation project of 1948 which was authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1950.
Abstract Harry Nelson was an employee of the U.S Department of Agriculture field party, Humboldt Basin Survey. Report details the extent of flooding and damage caused by the Humboldt River, Feb. 9-13, 1962, between Elko and Battle Mountain, Nevada.
In the matter of the determination of the relative rights of claimants and appropriators of the waters of the Humboldt River stream system and its tributaries, proposed findings of fact, conclusions of law and decree, and notice of delivery
Abstract The Humboldt River is an extensive river drainage system located in north-central Nevada. Included in this collection is a proposed findings of fact, conclusions of law and decree; and notice of delivery to Judge H.W. Edwards, of those proposed findings from 1934-1935. These findings adjudicated appeals to a previous case of 1931, which was presided over by Judge George A. Bartlett.
Abstract A study of what was originally Lamoille Precinct of Lander County, Nevada; including Lamoille, Pleasant Valley, Fort Halleck, and Halleck Station. The author discusses the development of the Lamoille region, including the areas of business, medicine, mining, ranching, water problems on the Humboldt River, and fraternal and other organizations.
Abstract Diary covers Mann's journey from Wyoming to California via the Humboldt and Truckee Rivers, Nevada. The collection contains material from June 21-September 18, 1849 created by Henry R. Mann.
Identifier: AC 0184
Abstract The Agricultural Experiment Station began with the Hatch Act, 1887, to develop agricultural research and education. In 1918, Samuel B. Doten, Station director, hired George Hardman and put him in charge of the Station farm and on the faculty. Hardman worked on an irrigation investigation of the Humboldt River, 1919-1921, and on soil experiments both in Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada. Records primarily document George Hardman's tenure with the Nevada Experiment Station, 1919-1934, and includes...
- Subject: Humboldt River (Nev.) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 11
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 3
- Hardman, George 3
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Agricultural Experiment Station 3
- Bartlett, George A. (George Arthur) 2
- American Geophysical Union 1
- Bartlett family 1
- Campbell, Samuel 1
- Church, Florence Humphrey 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Couston, John W. 1
- Desert Crystal Salt Company 1
- Doten, Samuel B. (Samuel Bradford), 1875-1955 1
- Halleck Station (Nev.) 1
- International Association of Scientific Hydrology 1
- International Commission of Snow 1
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics 1
- Mann, Henry R. 1
- Mason, Howard G. 1
- Morgan, Dale L. (Dale Lowell) 1
- Mount Rose Observatory (Nev.) 1
- National Aeronautical Association (U.S.) 1
- Nelson, Harry ((Surveyor)) 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1
- Nevada Cooperative Snow Survey 1
- Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs 1
- Nevada. District Court. 5th Judicial District 1
- Nevada. Emergency Relief Administration 1
- Nevada. State Land Use Planning Committee 1
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 1
- Patterson, Edna B. 1
- Peterson, William 1
- Phelps, Ralph L. 1
- Reil, Orvis E. 1
- Schmidt, Walter ((Mining agent)) 1
- Taylor, A. G. 1
- Truckee-Carson Irrigation District 1
- United States. Agricultural Adjustment Administration 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. Sacramento District 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Farm Credit Administration 1
- United States. Office of Indian Affairs. Indian Field Service 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- Upper-Humboldt River Water Storage Committee 1
- Utica Bullion Mining Company 1
- Vanderbilt, Cornelius 1
- Walden, James M. 1
- Western States Snow Conference 1 ∧ less