Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: AC 0277
Abstract Collection primarily consists of farm account data on specific Nevada farms and ranches, identifying names and location of farm owner, and contain crop histories, information on operations before and after planting and harvest, irrigation data, livestock reports, cash statements, pasturage reports, and information on farm produce used in the home. Also included are records on the Newlands Project and the Walker River Irrigation District.
Abstract Includes reports on Nevada agricultural economics and management, including topics dealing with range and forest management in Nevada and northeastern California flood control irrigation the Carson, Truckee, Muddy, and Colorado Rivers grazing, the state Planning Board Water Facilities Act and the Purnell Act.
Abstract Lawyer, businessman, and Nevada State Assemblyman, of Carson City, Nevada. Collection contains correspondence, legal cases, and papers connected with Coffin's political activity in Nevada (1892-1898) as a member of the Republican State Central Committee and supporter of the Free Silver ticket. The correspondence relates to cases in which Coffin or his legal firm participated, to his business interests in irrigation enterprises, and to the personal affairs of Coffin and his family.
Abstract Includes lists of ditches in the Newlands Project area and their history, correspondence regarding irrigation of Freeman's ranch, location notices of ditches in Churchill County, copies of water claims in Churchill County, and a history of the Newlands Project.
Abstract Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Abstract Report based on work in Elko County, Nevada, which investigated how much water was being used to raise good crops of grass hay near Lamoille, Lee, and in Star Valley near Deeth.
Identifier: AC 0184
Abstract Records primarily document George Hardman's tenure with the Nevada Experiment Station, 1919-1934, and includes correspondence with Samuel B. Doten, correspondence with the public and other state agencies, field notes on soils and crops, and hand drawn maps of the Humboldt River system. In addition, there are limited records dealing with the National Resources Board, National Emergency Council, Agricultural Adjustment Administration, and the Resettlement Administration, 1935-1936; and the War...
Identifier: AC 0298
Overview The College of Agriculture and the Agricultural Experiment Station began in 1887, under the auspices of the Hatch Act. This collection consist of various records of the College of Agriculture, Nevada Cooperative Extension Service, and Experiment Station, 1915-1987, with the bulk of the records 1960s-1970s. The majority of records are annual reports, research reports, and programs of work. Also included is general correspondence; a history of the Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture, 1957;...
Identifier: AC 0288
Abstract Records are arranged into three divisions, the College of Agriculture, the Cooperative Extension Service, and the Agricultural Experiment Station. Records include correspondence with the deans and directors of the divisions; correspondence with university presidents and county agents; information of the Newlands Project, and the Nevada Farm Bureau; project reports; information on personnel; budgets; experiment record books; letterpress books; photographs; maps and graphs. Also included are...
Abstract Presentation by Willhite discusses crop rotation, the relation of water availability to the number of livestock which can be supported, economics, establishment of pasture rotation, grass types, rotation grazing, maintenance of soil fertility, and pasture productivity as related to Nevada agriculture.
- Subject: Irrigation -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 4
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Agricultural Experiment Station 5
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 4
- Doten, Samuel B. (Samuel Bradford) 2
- Hardman, George 2
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture 2
- Adams, James E. (James Edward) 1
- Allen, E. W. (Edward W.) 1
- Bertrand, John R. (John Raney) 1
- Brennen, C. A., 1894- 1
- Bruce, Martha 1
- Buckman, Thomas E. 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Clark, Walter E. (Walter Ernest), 1873-1955 1
- Clawson, Marion 1
- Coffin, Trenmor 1
- Colorado River Commission of Nevada 1
- Creel, Cecil Willis 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1
- Dodson, W. R. (William Rufus) 1
- Fleming, Charles E. 1
- Fox, Henry G. 1
- Freeman, John W. ((Rancher)) 1
- Griswold, Gordon 1
- Hartman, Leon Wilson 1
- Headley, F. B. 1
- Hutchison, Claude B. 1
- Inyo Land and Canal Company, Reward Gold Mine 1
- Johnson, Golamae 1
- King and Malone Engineers 1
- Knight, Charles S. 1
- Livingston, Penn (Penn Poore) 1
- Love, Malcolm A. (Malcolm Andrews), 1904-1990 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Cooperative Extension Service 1
- McCormick, John 1
- McQuiston, H. T. 1
- Metcalf, Vernon 1
- Moseley, John O. 1
- Nevada Farm Bureau 1
- Nevada. Moapa Soil Conservation District 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- Pamlico Mining Company 1
- Parker, Gilbert E. 1
- Peterson, Ray K. 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Robertson, Joseph H. 1
- Roth, Arthur H. 1
- Roumage, Fred W. 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Smith, E. Grant 1
- Stout, Minard W. 1
- Thomas, Helen Marye 1
- True, Gordon H. (Gordon Haines) 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- United States. Bureau of Agricultural Economics 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. School of Medical Sciences 1
- University of Nevada. College of Agriculture 1
- University of Nevada. Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Venstrom, Cruz 1
- Walker River Irrigation District (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Willhite, Forrest M. 1
- Wittwer, John 1
- Wood, Garland 1 ∧ less