Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Includes reports on Nevada agricultural economics and management, including topics dealing with range and forest management in Nevada and northeastern California flood control irrigation the Carson, Truckee, Muddy, and Colorado Rivers grazing, the state Planning Board Water Facilities Act and the Purnell Act.
Abstract Lawyer, businessman, and Nevada State Assemblyman, of Carson City, Nevada. Collection contains correspondence, legal cases, and papers connected with Coffin's political activity in Nevada (1892-1898) as a member of the Republican State Central Committee and supporter of the Free Silver ticket. The correspondence relates to cases in which Coffin or his legal firm participated, to his business interests in irrigation enterprises, and to the personal affairs of Coffin and his family.
Abstract Includes lists of ditches in the Newlands Project area and their history, correspondence regarding irrigation of Freeman's ranch, location notices of ditches in Churchill County, copies of water claims in Churchill County, and a history of the Newlands Project.
Abstract Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Abstract Report based on work in Elko County, Nevada, which investigated how much water was being used to raise good crops of grass hay near Lamoille, Lee, and in Star Valley near Deeth.
Abstract Presentation by Willhite discusses crop rotation, the relation of water availability to the number of livestock which can be supported, economics, establishment of pasture rotation, grass types, rotation grazing, maintenance of soil fertility, and pasture productivity as related to Nevada agriculture.
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 2
- Allen, E. W. (Edward W.) 1
- Clawson, Marion 1
- Coffin, Trenmor 1
- Colorado River Commission of Nevada 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1
- Dodson, W. R. (William Rufus) 1
- Fox, Henry G. 1
- Freeman, John W. ((Rancher)) 1
- Griswold, Gordon 1
- Hardman, George 1
- Inyo Land and Canal Company, Reward Gold Mine 1
- King and Malone Engineers 1
- Livingston, Penn (Penn Poore) 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- McQuiston, H. T. 1
- Nevada. Moapa Soil Conservation District 1
- Nevada. State Planning Board 1
- Pamlico Mining Company 1
- Republican Party (U.S. : 1854- ) 1
- Roth, Arthur H. 1
- Roumage, Fred W. 1
- Shamberger, Hugh A. 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- United States. Bureau of Agricultural Economics 1
- United States. Forest Service 1
- Willhite, Forrest M. 1
- Wood, Garland 1 ∧ less