Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Florence Sanford Burdge (1912-1986) was a freelance writer, editor, and journalist in Reno, Nevada. The collection includes draft and published copies of Burge's writings as a freelance author and women's page editor; correspondence from readers and friends; correspondence and papers related to receiving the J. C. Penney -University of Missouri award for best women's pages; and unpublished biography of Noble Getchell. Material from 1955-1966.
Ty Cobb papers consist of personal papers relating to him and his family, as well as his professional role as writer and editor at the Nevada State Journal, and its successor, the Reno Gazette-Journal. Cobb had a sports column “Inside Stuff” and later a column “Cobwebs” which he continued past retirement until his death in 1997. Material between 1881-1997.
This University of Nevada Reno Department of Journalism Records contains materials related to UNR's Journalism Program prior to 1984. The collection contains descriptions of the history of the Journalism Department, details about curriculum, flyers for events and programming, and publications by the Department.
The Department of Journalism officially became the Donald W. Reynolds School of Journalism on September 14, 1984. These records include materials about the establishment of the new school including bylaws, correspondence, curriculum materials, and information about deans, faculty, and benefactors. Planning and promotional materials for events sponsored by the Reynolds School are also included.
Includes materials relating to his time in journalism, especially with the Gannett newspaper corporation in Reno, Nevada; files relating to his oral history; speeches and writings; volumes of the University of Nevada, Reno's yearbooks; and miscellaneous items of historical interest given to him by various people. Includes some 1856 San Francisco items. Preliminary inventory available in the department.
- Subject: Journalists -- Nevada -- Reno X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Journalism -- Nevada 3
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- California -- Newspapers 1
- Excerpts 1
- Journalists -- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Nevada -- Anecdotes 1
- Nevada -- Biography -- Anecdotes 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers 1
- Oral histories 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Anecdotes -- History 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Serial publications 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) -- Anecdotes -- History 1
- Women authors -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Burge, Florence S., 1912-1986 1
- Cobb, Ty, 1915-1997 1
- Cobb, Tyrus W. 1
- Cobb, William, 1885-1973 1
- Donald W. Reynolds School of Journalism 1