Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Contents Audio cassette tapes of interviews on various topics, including land use and wild horses.
Abstract Personal papers include mining claims in Mono County, California. and correspondence to H. M. Yerington about them; tax statements; and military documents.,Company records include land transfer papers and correspondence from the Sierra Silver Mining Company, legal documents from Washoe and Douglas Counties, Nevada; and financial records and a map of the company's Little Valley property.
Abstract This collection documents Kersey's involvement in state and regional planning for and funding of parks and recreational facilities in Nevada.,Included are agendas, minutes, master plans, strategic plans, and reports for the Nevada State Parks Advisory Commission, Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee on Federal Lands, Citizens for Parks and Trails 2000, Citizens for Rancho San Rafael, and the Rancho San Rafael Steering Committee.
Abstract Scrapbooks of clippings about juvenile crime in the Reno-Sparks, Nevada area, 1949-1969. Also included are maps and plans of the Mt. Rose Property Owner's Association, Ravazza Ranch Unit no. 3 (Reno, Nevada), and Stillwater Cove condominiums (Lake Tahoe), 1977-1978.
Abstract Records cover the various initiatives, activities, and efforts of both the Public Resource Foundation (1982) and later Public Resource Associates (1988) to affect environmental change on the national and local levels through grassroots planning and lobbying. Materials date from 1919-2012 with the bulk of the material covering the mid- 1980s-2012. The major areas of emphasis in this collection are the work to reform the 1872 Mining Law, public lands management, and conservation and maintenance...
Abstract Materials collected or created by RAMA include information about the withdrawal of public land for military use in the western U.S. and Nevada; Bravo 20 bombing range near Fallon, Nevada; production of the RAMA newsletter, Skyguard; military airspace; military arms resources build-down; military hazards and toxic wastes; chemical weapons; nuclear testing and wastes in Nevada and other states; radiation hazards; nuclear storage sites; Native American issues; poverty in western America and rural...
Scope and Contents Collection contains materials created by or collected by RAMA. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Abstract Material pertaining to the "Sagebrush Rebellion" in Nevada and western states of the United States. The movement advocated a return of federally owned lands to state jurisdiction; in Nevada it was lead by State Senator Norman Glaser. Includes correspondence, reports, legislative material from Nevada and other western states, and articles from newspaper and other print media.
Abstract The records of the Western Shoshone Defense Project were maintained by Carrie and Mary Dann, two traditional Western Shoshone ranchers living in northeastern Nevada. The Defense Project's mission was to affirm Western Shoshone jurisdiction over Western Shoshone ancestral homelands by protecting, preserving, and restoring Shoshone rights and lands for present and future generations based on cultural and spiritual traditions. It was established in 1991 by the Western Shoshone National Council to...
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 2
- Rural Alliance for Military Accountability 2
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- Citizens for Parks and Trails 2000 1
- Citizens for Rancho San Rafael 1
- Dann, Carrie 1
- Dann, Mary 1
- Glaser, Norman 1
- Haynie, J. W. (John W.) 1
- J.W. Haynie and Company 1
- Johnston, Annie Bronn 1
- Kersey, Virginia 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- Mt. Rose Property Owner's Association 1
- Nelson, Dwight A. 1
- Nevada State Parks Advisory Commission 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Sierra Silver Mining Company 1
- Stillwater Cove Condominiums 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- University of Nevada. College of Agriculture 1
- Washoe County (Nev.). San Rafael Ranch Steering Committee 1
- Western Shoshone Defense Project 1
- Western Shoshone National Council 1
- Wilbur D. May Arboretum and Botanical Garden 1
- Yerington, Henry M. 1 ∧ less