Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Laurel Ames is a long-time resident of South Lake Tahoe who has worked with various agencies dedicated to the use and conservation of Lake Tahoe including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, the California Water Quality Control Board, Sierra Club, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The collection contains materials created and collected by Ames while working with organizations in the Lake Tahoe basin whose primary goal was to protect Lake Tahoe from overdevelopment and urbanization.
James David Santini's papers as Representative to the U.S. Congress from Nevada include files related to his committee assignments and interests, particularly on the Energy and Commerce Committee; Interior and Insular Affairs Committee; and Select Committee on Aging. Campaign files are included. Material from 1974-1982.
- Subject: Land use -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) X
- Environmental protection -- Research -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Politicians -- Nevada 1
- Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- Ames, Laurel W. 1
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board--Lahontan Region 1
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- League to Save Lake Tahoe 1