Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
George Washington Bean Journal
Copy of typescript of parts two and three of Bean's diary describing family and community events, details of Mormon missionary settlements (including Las Vegas, Nevada), exploration, and his business transactions.
Las Vegas, Nevada: Its Romance and History
Delphine A. and Charles Pemberton Squires were residents of Las Vegas from 1905-1958. Charles was a member of the League of the Southwest and the Colorado River Commission. The collection contains a history of Las Vegas and southern Nevada by the Squires, from earliest times with emphasis on the period from 1905.
Notes on the part played by Jewish people in the history of the state of Nevada
History of Jews in Nevada from 1826-1958 includes statistics, names and brief biographies of Jews in various Nevada locations and San Francisco, and data on temples and on politics. Based on interviews conducted in 1958 for a brochure published in connection with the dedication of the Temple Beth Sholem in Las Vegas.
Edith E. O'Keefe Scrapbooks
Edith E. O'Keefe was a Reno, Nevada resident and married to David A. O'Keefe. The collection contains two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings of inspirational and patriotic poems and prayers, greeting cards; and newspaper clippings about historic Las Vegas, Nevada.
A thousand miles of desert and mountains: a prospecting trip across Nevada and over the Sierras
Josephine C. Scott was married to miner and prospector, George R. Scott. She wrote about mining and construction in Nevada. Collection contains three volumes (of the original 4 volumes) depict the Scott's prospecting journey through southern Nevada, Death Valley, eastern California/western Nevada along the Walker River, and through Bridgeport over Sonora Pass. Created between March 14-September 9, 1914.
- Aurora (Nev.) 1
- California -- Description and travel 1
- Deseret -- History 1
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) 1
- Indians of North America -- Utah 1
- Jews -- California 1
- Jews -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Description and travel 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Las Vegas 1
- West Walker River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Bean, George Washington, 1831-1897 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Higginbotham, Marie T. 1
- League of the Southwest 1
- O'Keefe, Edith E. 1
- Scott, George Richard 1
- Scott, Josephine C. 1
- Squires, Charles Pemberton, 1865-1958 1
- Squires, Delphine A. 1 ∧ less