Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Chollar-Potosi Mining Company Records
Chollar-Potosi Mining Company was a silver mine in the Comstock Lode, Virginia City, Nevada. The collection includes accounts for milling of ore and payroll.
The Donovan Mill
Donovan Mill in Silver City, Nevada, was the first cyanide process mill established on the Comstock; this survey recounts the mill's history and provides a physical description of the plant and its operations in 1980.
Francis G. Newlands Business Records
Abstract Francis Griffith Newlands (1848-1917) was a businessman and served as a Nevada Representative from 1893-1902 and a Senator from 1902-1917. The collection contains many legal documents directly related to the acquisition of mills along the Carson River, including the Ogden Mill, Eureka Mill, and the Morgan Mill.y. The legal work was done by Newlands who was William Sharon's attorney. It also documents the formation of the Union Mill and Mining Company by William Sharon, D. O. Mills, John D....
Technical drawing of twenty stamp wet crushing concentrating silver mill for Occidental Mining Company
Technical drawing of a mill at Virginia City includes side elevation of grizzly, rockbreaker shaft, battery line shaft, roadway for scouring, concentrated sulphuretts [sic], frue vanners, settling tanks, agitator, clean up pan, engine, and sand floor. Created by the Fulton Foundry in January 1889.
Dates: January 1889
Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records
Abstract The Pacific Mill and Mining Company was incorporated in August 1877 with W. S. O’Brien, J. G. Flood, James G. Fair, John Mackay, and Edward Barron as trustees. The company owned a number of other mills in the Comstock area including the Bacon Mill, Brunswick Mill, California Mill, California Pan Mill, Consolidated Mill, Mariposa Mill, Morgan Mill, Occidental Mill, Omega Mill, Rhode Island Mill, Trench Mill, and the Woodworth Mill/Ditch. The collection contains items from the many subsidiary...
- Subject: Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Virginia City X
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Virginia City 4
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 3
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Virginia City 2
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Law materials 1
- Chollar-Potosi Mining Company 1
- Donovan Mill 1
- Fair, James Graham, 1831-1894 1
- Flood, James Clair, 1826-1888 1
- Fry, John D., 1819- 1
- Fulton Foundry 1
- Hayward, Alvila 1
- Herbst, Rebecca 1
- Holabird-Kagin Americana (Firm) 1
- Jones, John P. (John Percival), 1829-1912 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- Mills, Darius O. (Darius Ogden), 1825-1910 1
- Newlands, Francis G. (Francis Griffith), 1848-1917 1
- O'Brien, William Shoney 1
- Occidental Mining Company 1
- Pacific Mill and Mining Company 1
- Sharon, William, 1821-1885 1
- Union Mill and Mining Company 1
- Yellow Jacket Silver Mining Company 1 ∧ less