Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Letterpress copy book of weekly reports of activities submitted by mine superintendent Whitman Symmes. Reports give number of men employed by occupation, cost of wages, and a descriptive summary of work.
Best and Belcher Mine, 540' long and part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, was staked in 1859. Records include letters, 1878-1880; a time book for 1907 (which also includes Hale and Norcross Mining Company times for 1916); a title abstract, 1863; an 1877 affidavit of work; list of company officers, 1890.
Daily accounts of both Holman's business and personal activities include progress reports for both mines, news of social and fraternal organization meetings, and names of couples he united in marriage.
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 2
- Alta Mine (Nev.) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Lady Washington Mine (Nev.) 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Middle Mines (Nev.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company 2
- Brunswick Exploration Company 1
- Bullion Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Caledonia Tunnel Company 1
- Chollar Gold and Silver Mining Corporation 1