Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: AC 0065
Abstract In April 1973, University President N. Edd Miller appointed the University of Nevada Centennial Committee to plan and execute the observance, in 1974-1975, of the 100th anniversary of the founding of the University of Nevada, Reno. The chairman of the committee was Samuel M. Basta, Dean of Community Relations. The collection contains correspondence, committee minutes, memorandums, and reports, 1973-1975; a traveling slide presentation sponsored by General University Extension in conjunction...
Dates: 1893-1975; Majority of material found within 1971-1975
Identifier: AC 0278
Lincoln Hall opened in 1896 as a men's dormitory. Scrapbook contains constitution, by-laws, and minutes of the Lincoln Hall Association, photographs, news clippings, and ephemera documenting the history of both the association and the building.
Identifier: AC 0499
Abstract The Nevada State Normal School was established by an act of the Legislature on February 7, 1887, with the goal of training teachers for Nevada's rural and graded schools. While affiliated with the University's Department of Education in the College of Arts and Science, it was called the Junior Normal College. The collection includes an issue of the University of Nevada Bulletin, an overview of the Normal School, a Golden Reunion booklet for 1939-1989, and newspaper clippings about some of...
Identifier: AC 0260
Abstract White Pine Hall and Juniper Hall were women's dormitories, which, in 1967, joined in the creation of the Residence Hall Association, RHA, which acted as the spokesman for all residence hall members. First scrapbook, 1962-1968, documents White Pine Hall and Juniper Hall, and contains news clippings, flyers, and photographs of dormitory activities, officers, and queen candidates. The second scrapbook, 1968-1973, documents the Residence Hall Association, and includes the constitution, by-laws,...
- Dormitories -- Nevada -- History 2
- Education -- Nevada -- History 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Associated Students of the University of Nevada 1
- Basta, Samuel M. 1
- Bible, Alan, 1909-1988 1
- Cannon, Howard W. 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- Juniper Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Lincoln Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Lincoln Hall Association 1
- Mackay Week (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Milam, Max, 1930-1987 1
- Nevada State Normal School 1
- Residence Hall Association (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Centennial Committee 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. General University Extension 1
- University of Nevada. College of Arts and Science. Department of Education 1
- White Pine Hall (Reno, Nev.) 1 ∧ less