Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Nelson Brobant is not listed in Nevada's 1860 Census, but is listed as a farmer in Nye County in the 1870 Census. The volume includes entries from November 14, 1859 to February 4, 1860 for daily transactions made to repair tools for Comstock Lode miners.
Kenneth Carpenter was founder of the Black Rock Press at the University of Nevada, Reno. Bibliographic notes on the early history of printing in Nevada, including typescript newspaper articles compiled by Robert Armstrong and references gathered by Carpenter.
Samples of Footlight Press' work for Virginia City customers, including advertisements, invitations, calling cards, and tickets. Material from 1877-1878.
History of the family of Samuel and Elizabeth Davis Gentry, Mormons who immigrated from England to Utah in 1864 and whose descendents settled in parts of Utah and southern Nevada. The collection contains material from 1983 created by Lillian G. Barnum.
The Halftone Relief Plates and Letterpress University Archives Collection consists of halftone relief plates and letterpress images mounted on wood depicting images of various men’s and women’s sports teams, the Nevada State University Cadet Corps and band, campus buildings, Clarence Mackay, and the Mackay statue.
Letter to Neely's nephew written from Virginia City, Nevada describing ceremonies planned for Nevada's admission to statehood, difficult financial conditions, his employment as a miner, the weather, and advice to the nephew to stay at home.
Sally Zanjani is a historian and former adjunct professor in the University of Nevada, Reno Political Science Department. She is the author of ten books and over sixty articles exploring the history of Nevada from the territorial period through the 19th century. Papers include research materials for Zanjani's numerous books and articles.
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 6
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 3
- Printing -- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 3
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 2
- Virginia City (Nev.) 2
- Authors -- Nevada 1
- Business enterprises -- Nevada -- Virginia City 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada -- 19th century 1
- Labor unions -- History -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Gold Hill 1
- Mormons 1
- Nevada -- History -- 20th century 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Paiute Indians -- History 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Printers -- Nevada 1
- Repairing trades -- Nevada 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women authors, American -- Nevada 1
- Women miners -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Armstrong, Robert D., 1931-2010 1
- Barnum, Lillian G. 1
- Brobant, Nelson 1
- Carpenter, Kenneth 1
- Edwards, Mary Reid 1
- Footlight Press 1
- Gentry family 1
- Gentry, Elizabeth Davis, 1825-1921 1
- Gentry, Samuel, 1821-1915 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Longstreet, Andrew Jackson 1
- Mackay, Clarence H. (Clarence Hungerford), 1874-1938 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- Neely, William (Miner) 1
- Nevada State University 1
- Preston, Morrie Rockwood 1
- Rocha, Guy Louis 1
- Smith, Joseph William 1
- Springmeyer, George 1
- Stewart, Helen Jane Wiser 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library. University Archives 1
- Winnemucca, Sarah, 1844?-1891 1
- Zanjani, Sally Springmeyer, 1937-2018 1 ∧ less