Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Affidavit submitted to the General Land Office in Washington, D. C. in the case of the Dardanelles' application for a patent contains statement of superintendent John B. Winter on the Comstock Lode mines. Also included is a map showing Dardanelles Mine, Overman Mine and the Crown Point Mine shaft.
Abstract Whitman Symmes was a mine engineer, superintendent of several of the larger Nevada Comstock Lode mines in the early 1900s, and known on the Pacific coast for his continuous opposition to stockbrokers' methods of controlling the Comstock mines. Included are deeds, agreements, financial statements, reports, correspondence, payrolls, articles of incorporation, and assay reports for 118 mines, mills, shafts and pumping associations, primarily in Nevada but also in California, Utah, Arizona, and...
Overview The United Comstock Mining Company was a Nevada corporation organized in 1920 as a subsidiary of the Metals Exploration Company that bought up and worked nine Virginia City, Nevada, mines including the Challenge, Challenge-Jacket-Imperial, Confidence, Crown Point, Imperial Consolidated, Imperial Empire, Jacket-Crown Point-Belcher, Overman, and Yellow Jacket mines. The collection contains copies of weekly progress reports that discuss length of tunnels, yields of ore, presence of various types...
- Subject: Overman Mine (Nev.) X
- Crown Point Gold and Silver Mining Company 2
- Comstock Tunnel Company 1
- Dardanelles Mining Company 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Great Dome Oil Company 1
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company 1
- Jacket-Crown Point-Belcher Mines Company 1
- Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Pacific Mill and Mining Company 1
- Sierra Nevada Silver Mining Company 1
- Symmes, Whitman 1
- United Comstock Mining Company 1
- United Comstock Pumping Association 1
- Ward Shaft Association 1
- Winter, John B. 1
- Yellow Jacket Silver Mining Company 1 ∧ less