Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Natural History of the Owens Valley and the Inyo National Forest Program was a conference held at Bishop, Big Pine, and Independence, California on August 24-29, 1970. Conference report provides outlines and bibliographies of lectures on the geology, environmental degradation, flora, fishery biology, animal wildlife, fish diseases, desert tortoises, and physiological responses in high altitude and desert; all related to the Owens Valley of eastern California.
Frank H. Fowles Papers
The Frank H. Fowles Papers contains reports, correspondence, and other records of Frank H. Fowles, a district attorney working in Inyo County, California. These papers focus on Fowles' role in arresting Charles Manson and his followers in 1969, water rights in the Owens Valley, in addition to personal records kept by Fowles.
John Howard Correspondence
John Howard was a gold miner in National, Nevada, and Weaverville, California. Howard writes to A.J. Robinson in Santa Clara County, California, about the mining prospects near Weaverville, California, and around National, Nevada. Letter from September 18, 1910.
Owens River Valley Indian land exchange
Included are reports, correspondence, chronology, legal agreements, maps, and photographs related to the acquisition of Owens Valley (California) Indian lands and water rights by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Materials between 1929-1983.
- Subject: Owens Valley (Calif.) X
- Water rights -- California -- Owens River Valley 2
- Crime -- California 1
- Gold mines and mining -- California -- Weaverville 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada -- National 1
- Indians of North America -- Health and hygiene -- California -- Owens River Valley 1
- Inyo County (Calif.) 1
- Inyo National Forest (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- National (Nev.) 1
- Weaverville (Calif.) 1 ∧ less
- Fowles, Frank L. 1
- Hall, Bertha 1
- Howard, John (Miner) 1
- Los Angeles (Calif.). Department of Water and Power 1
- Manson, Charles, 1934-2017 1