Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Alan Bible, a Nevada politician and attorney, served as the District Attorney of Storey County from 1935-1938 until he was appointed Deputy Attorney General of Nevada in 1938. In 1942, Bible was appointed State Attorney, and served in that position until 1950. Upon resignation from that position, he resumed private practice of law, which would continue throughout the rest of his career. In 1954, Bible was appointed to serve in the United States Senate, filling the vacancy left upon the...
Abstract Paul Laxalt (1922-2018) was a politician from Nevada and the first Basque-American senator. The collection covers Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C., as well as materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984 and includes correspondence,...
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politics, Practical 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Adams, Eva Bertrand, 1908-1991 1
- Baker, Bobby, 1928-2017 1
- Baring, Walter S. (Walter Stephan), 1911-1975 1
- Bible, Alan, 1909-1988 1
- Cannon, Howard W. 1