Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Abstract Report recommending that the President of the U.S. and the Secretary of the Interior be given authority to negotiate turning over to appropriate states all unappropriated, unreserved land in fee simple.
Abstract Hubert Grant Welch was a Nevada rancher from the Ely region. Tape and transcript of Welch's personal observations of the Nevada ranges, trends in "bureaucratic management" of public lands, and history of Quinn Battle and the community of Troy, Nevada, from 1978.
Overview Materials cover John Ensign's career as a U.S. Senator from Nevada from 2001 until his resignation on May 3, 2011. Files are only from his Washington D.C. office, with the bulk coming from Ensign's first term during the 107th to 109th congresses (2001-2006). The collection include correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and hearings, news clips, reports, and some audio/visual records. A few photographs and memorabilia are also included.
Overview Friends of Nevada Wilderness is dedicated to preserving all qualified Nevada public lands as wilderness, protecting all present and potential wilderness from ongoing threats, educating the public about the values of and need for wilderness, and improving the management and restoration of wild lands. The collection includes bylaws, correspondence, membership lists, budgets, newsletters, speeches, newspaper clippings, and material from anti-wilderness groups.
Overview Papers related to Nappe's interest in the use of Nevada's public lands include correspondence, printed reports, and articles.
Abstract Included are informational brochures, newsletters, and steering committee report. Additional records to be added as received.
Public lands in Nevada, opportunities for successful homestead and desert land entries through irrigation pumping and dry farm reclamation
Identifier: AC 0233
Abstract Proposed publication prepared for the 1915 Nevada exposition on public lands, belonging to the federal government, in Nevada and which seem to present favorable opportunities for homestead or desertland entry. Manuscript submitted to the Nevada exposition commission by University of Nevada faculty members Charles A. Norcross, Director of Agricultural Extension; Charles S. Knight, Dean, College of Agriculture; and James G. Scrugham, Dean, College of Engineering. Includes copy of a section...
Abstract Report determining the location, extent, and character of public land in Washoe County, Nevada, written in preparation for a general plan of development for the county (1975; 1978). Created by the Regional Planning Commission of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County.
Dates: 1975, 1978
Overview Records cover the various initiatives, activities, and efforts of both the Public Resource Foundation (1982) and later Public Resource Associates (1988) to affect environmental change on the national and local levels through grassroots planning and lobbying. Materials date from 1919-2012 with the bulk of the material covering the mid- 1980s-2012. The major areas of emphasis in this collection are the work to reform the 1872 Mining Law, public lands management, and conservation and maintenance...
Dates: 1919-2013; Majority of material found within 1985-2012
Identifier: AC 0366
Abstract The records in this collection were primarily created by John L. Artz, Extension Range Specialist in the Renewable Natural Resources Division, 1966-1985, and Associate Director of the Cooperative Extension Service, 1982-1984. Artz was closely involved with the public land grazing issues as a consultant, educator, and mediator. Much of the records relate to public land livestock grazing issues, 1970s-1980s, involving the Bureau of Land Management and Environmental Impact Statements, including...
- Subject: Public lands -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 13
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Rural Alliance for Military Accountability 2
- Artz, John L. 1
- Burning Man (Festival) 1
- Dann, Carrie, 1934-2021 1
- Dann, Mary 1
- Ensign, John E. (John Eric) 1
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness 1
- Glaser, Norman 1
- Knight, Charles S. 1
- Lee, Milton L. (Senator) 1
- Livermore, John Sealy 1
- Lynn, Susan 1
- Malone, George W. (George Wilson) 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Max C. Fleischmann College of Agriculture. Renewable Natural Resources Division 1
- NV Energy 1
- Nappe, Tina 1
- Nevada Cattleman's Association 1
- Nevada State Multiple Use Advisory Committee 1
- Nevadans for a Practical Wilderness Policy 1
- Norcross, Charles Albert 1
- Public Resource Associates (Organization) 1
- Public Resource Foundation (U.S.) 1
- Regional Planning Commission of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County 1
- Robertson, Joseph H. 1
- Scrugham, James G. (James Graves) 1
- Sierra Club 1
- United Nations 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management. Nevada State Office 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- United States. Indian Claims Commission 1
- United States. Supreme Court 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Geological Sciences and Engineering 1
- Utah Construction Company 1
- Welch, Hubert Grant 1
- Western Shoshone Defense Project 1
- Western Shoshone National Council 1
- Western Universities Public Range and Coordination Committee 1 ∧ less