Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Pyramid Lake Controversy is a student paper submitted to Oberlin College on water rights and use of Pyramid Lake and Truckee River water by farmers in the Newlands Project area near Fallon, Nevada, and the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
Includes legal briefs in the case of the U.S. and Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe vs Truckee-Carson Irrigation District; correspondence, reports and notes on the California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe, much of which was authored by Robert Leland; material on the Newlands Project; legal briefs in the case of the U.S. vs the Alpine Land and Reservoir Company; minutes of the Pyramid Lake Task Force; and materials related to deeding water rights to the tribe, from 1969-1979.
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water rights -- Nevada 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Alpine Land and Reservoir Company 1
- Leland, Robert (Nevada lawyer) 1
- Truckee-Carson Irrigation District 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Bureau of Governmental Research 1
- Van Horne, Bea 1