Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract A. Dobie Jenkins (1936-) was a legislative consultant for various California Assembly committees from 1965-1971, focusing on regulation of businesses and professions, civil rights, conservation and the environment. Contains information relating to the California-Nevada Interstate Water Compact public policy issues including the protection of Pyramid Lake the rights of the Northern Paiute tribe. Included are photocopies of correspondence, carbon copies of letters, legislative bills,...
Abstract Joy Leland was a Research Associate in Anthropology for the Desert Research Institute, Reno, Nevada. The collection contains Leland's research on Indigenous Peoples of Nevada and include newspaper clippings about Indigenous peoples in the Reno vicinity, at Pyramid Lake, and in other parts of Nevada; and Pyramid Lake water rights. Other materials include Leland's research for a study of acupuncture in Nevada, including the minutes of the State Board of Chinese Medicine, correspondence, notes,...
- Acupuncture 1
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Excerpts 1
- Medicine, Chinese -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- California 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water rights -- California 1 ∧ less
- Jenkins, A. Dobie 1
- Leland, Joy 1
- Nevada. State Board of Chinese Medicine 1
- Reno-Sparks Indian Colony, Nevada 1