Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection contains administrative records such as minutes, financial documents, and membership rolls for The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) Reno-Sparks Branch and The Society to Underwrite Racial Equality (SURE). In addition the series documents the status of racial discrimination in the Reno-Sparks area through the varied surveys and reports and materials from the national NAACP organization (1951-1965).
Nevada Commission on Equal Rights of Citizens was a statutory agency of the state of Nevada which mediated complaints of unlawful discrimination and denial or limitation of service by places of public accommodation. These materials, gathered by Commissioner Robert Gorrell, include minutes, reports, complaints, and correspondence. Material between 1965-1966.
- Subject: Race discrimination -- Nevada X
- Affirmative action programs -- Nevada 1
- African Americans -- Nevada 1
- Civil rights -- Nevada 1
- Civil rights -- Nevada -- History 1
- Discrimination in public accommodations -- Nevada 1
- Bailey, William, 1903- 1
- Benedict, Russell G. 1
- Colley, Nathaniel Sextus, 1918- 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Reno-Sparks Branch 1