Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Laurel Ames is a long-time resident of South Lake Tahoe who has worked with various agencies dedicated to the use and conservation of Lake Tahoe including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, the California Water Quality Control Board, Sierra Club, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The collection contains materials created and collected by Ames while working with organizations in the Lake Tahoe basin whose primary goal was to protect Lake Tahoe from overdevelopment and urbanization.
Overview Thomas Arthur "Tom" Cooke was a prominent and well-respected lawyor in Reno. He married Martha Patricia "Patty" Herz, while in college at the University of Nevada in the early 1940s. The Cooke family was involved in a variety of environmental, recreational, and historic preservation projects and initiatives that sought to improve northern Nevada. Materials cover some aspects of the lives and careers of members of the Cooke and Herz families. Topics include Democratic politics in Nevada, Washoe...
Abstract Tapes of a panel discussion sponsored by the Soroptimists. Nevada state legislators from Washoe County discuss issues of interest to women which were under consideration in the 1979 legislature.
Abstract The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Records date from 1963-2008. Ziegler was an environmental engineer, who from 1989-1994 was executive director of TRPA. The collection includes TRPA reports and some from the earlier Lake Tahoe Area Council organization, and the 2002 Supreme Court decision and associated documents on the Tahoe-Sierra Preservation Council (TSPC) vs. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) case.
Overview The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency was created jointly in the late 1960s as a bi-state compact by the states of California and Nevada to meet Lake Tahoe basin-wide planning needs, including general plans. Collection contains meeting information and minutes from 1962-2010.
Abstract Report by Raymond M. Smith includes information about regional planning efforts in the Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada, basin beginning in the 1950s and histories and goals of various Tahoe organizations and agencies.
- Subject: Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) X
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency 5
- Lake Tahoe Area Council 2
- League to Save Lake Tahoe 2
- Ames, Laurel W. 1
- Bi-County Planning Commission of California 1
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board--Lahontan Region 1
- Cook family 1
- Cooke, Patricia Herz 1
- Cooke, Thomas A. 1
- Coulter, Steve A. 1
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 1
- Gojack, Mary L. (Mary Lee) 1
- Kosinski, James 1
- McCorkle, Clifford 1
- Nevada-California Lake Tahoe Association 1
- Reno/Sparks YWCA (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Sawyer, Grant 1
- Sierra Club 1
- Smith, Raymond M. 1
- Soroptimist International of Nevada 1
- Tahoe Improvement and Conservation Association 1
- Tahoe Regional Planning Commission 1
- Tri-County Planning Commission of Nevada 1
- Wagner, Sue 1
- Washoe County (Nev).. Department of Parks and Recreation 1
- Wilson, T. R. C., II (Thomas Randall Carson) 1
- Ziegler, David S. 1 ∧ less