Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Oscar Mathais Ferdinand Nelson (1901-1979) and Harriet Bennett Nelson were members of the Sierra Club. The couple participated in regular outings with the Sierra Club into the Sierra Nevada mountain range, as well as other California locations and documented their trips through photography. Collection contains 590 photographs, 415 negatives, and a travel diary documenting the Nelson's various outings with the Sierra Club from 1925-1934.
Class notebooks from Price's studies at the University of California and daily journals of 1895, 1897, and 1899.,The 1897 journal contains a supply list, recipes, and account of a hiking/camping trek in Yosemite with his wife Jennie, where they placed Sierra Club registers on mountain peaks.
Josephine C. Scott was married to miner and prospector, George R. Scott. She wrote about mining and construction in Nevada. Collection contains three volumes (of the original 4 volumes) depict the Scott's prospecting journey through southern Nevada, Death Valley, eastern California/western Nevada along the Walker River, and through Bridgeport over Sonora Pass. Created between March 14-September 9, 1914.
- Subject: Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Description and travel X
- Yosemite Valley (Calif.) 2
- Aurora (Nev.) 1
- California -- Description and travel 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Las Vegas (Nev.) -- History 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Photographs 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1
- West Walker River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- Sierra Club 2
- Barry Cassidy Rare Books 1
- Price, Jennie Ellsworth 1
- Price, Robert Martin 1
- Scott, George Richard 1
- Scott, Josephine C. 1 ∧ less