Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Best and Belcher Mining Company Records
Best and Belcher Mine, 540' long and part of the Middle Mines of the Comstock Lode, was staked in 1859. Records include letters, 1878-1880; a time book for 1907 (which also includes Hale and Norcross Mining Company times for 1916); a title abstract, 1863; an 1877 affidavit of work; list of company officers, 1890.
Whitman Symmes records
Abstract Whitman Symmes was a mine engineer, superintendent of several of the larger Nevada Comstock Lode mines in the early 1900s, and known on the Pacific coast for his continuous opposition to stockbrokers' methods of controlling the Comstock mines. Included are deeds, agreements, financial statements, reports, correspondence, payrolls, articles of incorporation, and assay reports for 118 mines, mills, shafts and pumping associations, primarily in Nevada but also in California, Utah, Arizona, and...
- Business correspondence 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Arizona 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Legal instruments 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Equipment and supplies -- Nevada 1
- Best and Belcher Mining Company (Virginia City, Nev.) 1
- Brunswick Exploration Company 1
- Comstock Merger Mines 1
- Comstock Tunnel Company 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1