Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Sierra Nevada Silver Mining Company Records
Part of the "North End" mines of the Comstock Lode, the Sierra Nevada Silver Mine was staked in 1859, was 3550 feet long, and was mined for substantial amounts of gold as well as silver. The majority of the records, 1861-1926, are regarding the annual reports made by the company. Also included are correspondence in the form of letterpress copy books, and cash books, which record accounts for the company.
Whitman Symmes records
Abstract Whitman Symmes was a mine engineer, superintendent of several of the larger Nevada Comstock Lode mines in the early 1900s, and known on the Pacific coast for his continuous opposition to stockbrokers' methods of controlling the Comstock mines. Included are deeds, agreements, financial statements, reports, correspondence, payrolls, articles of incorporation, and assay reports for 118 mines, mills, shafts and pumping associations, primarily in Nevada but also in California, Utah, Arizona, and...
- Annual reports 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Arizona 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Equipment and supplies -- Nevada 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Overman Mine (Nev.) 1
- Comstock Tunnel Company 1
- Gould and Curry Mining Company 1
- Great Dome Oil Company 1
- Hale and Norcross Mining Company 1
- Mexican Gold and Silver Mining Company 1