Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Henry J. Brower Letter
Letter from Brower, Deputy Assessor for Storey County, Nevada, to "Friend Burnett" describing his job, the weather, and mining conditions in Virginia City, Nevada. The collection contains material from October 22, 1866 created by Henry J. Brower.
Chollar-Potosi Mining Company Records
Chollar-Potosi Mining Company was a silver mine in the Comstock Lode, Virginia City, Nevada. The collection includes accounts for milling of ore and payroll.
Consolidated Imperial Mining Company Records
The Consolidated Imperial Mining Company was a silver mining company at Virginia City, Nevada. It was dissolved on March 16, 1922. The collection includes articles and certificate of incorporation, minutes and agreements.
General description and report on the Comstock vein
C. A. Luckhardt was a mining engineer. Collection contains a detailed report by Luckhardt to R.W. Raymond of New York, possibly commissioned by Adolf Sutro, on the history, physical properties, and future of the Comstock Lode of Nevada on September 20, 1868.
Mechanics lien and agreement
Mechanics lien and court documents between 1892-1903 filed by Oliver Lonkey and E.R. Smith (Lonkey and Smith) against the Bullion Mining Company for failure to pay for lumber and drayage. The agreement of 1903 enabled the Bullion Mining company, Julia Mining Company, Savage Mining Company and others to form the Ward Shaft Association and to use the Ward Shaft to drain water from their mines.
Pacific Mill and Mining Company Records
Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company Records
The Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company was a silver mine located at Virginia City, Nevada. The collection includes monthly cash accounts, 1876-1884; report of operations, 1886-1888; and deeds for the Eliza Bradbury Ledge and the Utah Silver Mining Company and Santa Rita Mining Company, 1860-1863.
- Subject: Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Virginia City X
- Comstock Lode (Nev.) 6
- Mills and mill-work -- Nevada -- Virginia City 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Virginia City 2
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1
- Brower, Henry J. 1
- Bullion Mining Company 1
- Chollar-Potosi Mining Company 1
- Consolidated Imperial Mining Company 1
- Fair, James Graham, 1831-1894 1
- Flood, James Clair, 1826-1888 1
- Lonkey and Smith (Firm) 1
- Lonkey, Oliver 1
- Luckhardt, C. A. 1
- Mackay, John William, 1831-1902 1
- O'Brien, William Shoney 1
- Pacific Mill and Mining Company 1
- Santa Rita Mining Company 1
- Smith, E. R. (Owner, Lonkey and Smith) 1
- Utah Gold and Silver Mining Company 1
- Ward Mining Company 1
- Ward Shaft Association 1 ∧ less