Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Austin City Railway was a narrow gauge railroad built in 1881 by Allan A. Curtis from the terminus of the Nevada Central Railway at Clifton, Nevada, to the Manhattan Silver Mining Company mines, less than three miles away. The railroad went out of business in 1889. The collection includes surveys, and transit and level notes for the railroad route, showing geographical features, roads, and buildings.
The City Surveyor was the city official responsible for ascertaining property boundaries in the town of Austin in eastern Nevada. The collection includes Book "A" of Surveyor's records includes surveys by G. F. Allardt, City Surveyor, and S. T. Armstrong, Deputy Surveyor; city ordinance creating and defining the office; and tables establishing the official grades of city streets and alleys.
Hoarce Prentiss Boardman (1869-1965) was a professor of engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno and served as the chair of the Nevada Cooperative Snow Surveys. The collection includes financial ledgers of Boardman's personal accounts, survey notebooks, correspondence about family genealogy, and pamphlets about snow surveying.,Surveys are of sections of Reno, the University of Nevada-Reno, Virginia City, and other Nevada sites.
The Chilton Engineering and Surveying Papers contain aerial photographs, field notes, and maps belonging to Chilton Engineering and Surveying, an engineering company based and operating in Elko from the 1960s through the 2000s.
James Edward Church, Jr. (1869-1959) was a Ph.D and classics professor at the University of Reno, Nevada. Collection contains Church's personal and professional correspondence to and from people and organizations connected with snow surveying, notes, reports, manuscripts (published and unpublished); also personal mementos, diaries, maps and artifacts. Also included is Florence Humphrey Church's correspondence with the Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs.
Charles W. Fulton was a Mono County, California, county surveyor and participated in snow surveying in the Walker River, Carson River, and Mono Lake drainage areas of California and Nevada from 1913-1937. The collection primarily consists of correspondence to Fulton from Dr. James E. Church and Horace Prentiss Boardman beginning in 1913 and covering Charles W. Fulton's surveying assignments of the Walker River Basin, Carson River area, and Mono Lake in Nevada and California.
Field survey books compiled by Sierra Pacific Power Company employees over various years to assist in service work undertaken in northern Nevada and northeastern California. Inventory for the 450 books available in department.
Field notes for surveys of Washoe County boundaries and other surveys from 1869-1871. Included is a copy of an undated map of the site of the City of Reno.
Jacob Trolson was an Austin, Nevada assayer; Melville Curtis was a mineral surveyor and Lander County Surveyor from 1876-1878. The collection contains assay, survey, level, and transit books, as well as township plats of Austin, Nevada, and diaries of Trolson and Curtis.
The Utah Construction Company was a construction company founded by Edmund Orson Wattis Jr., Warren L. Wattis and William. H. Wattis in 1900. The Utah Construction Company Records consist of 101 individual survey books of land in Nevada from the 1880s-1940s.
- Subject: Surveys -- Nevada X
- Surveys -- Nevada 4
- Austin (Nev.) 2
- Snow surveys -- Nevada 2
- Snow surveys -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 2
- Surveys -- Nevada -- Lander County 2
- Aerial photography 1
- Business correspondence 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Elko (Nev.) 1
- Field notes 1
- Greenland -- Discovery and exploration 1
- Humboldt River (Nev.) 1
- Hydrology -- Argentina 1
- Hydrology -- Research 1
- Lander County (Nev.) 1
- Meteorology -- Observations 1
- Public lands -- Nevada 1
- Railroads -- Nevada 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Runoff -- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Sierra Nevada (Calif. and Nev.) -- Climate 1
- Snow -- Measurement 1
- Snow surveys -- California 1
- Snow surveys -- California -- Mono Lake 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada -- Carson River Watershed 1
- Snow surveys -- Nevada -- Walker River Watershed 1
- Soda Springs (Calif.) 1
- Surveys -- Nevada -- Washoe County 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Thousand Springs Valley (Nev.) 1
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Polish 1
- Russian 1
- Swedish 1
- Boardman, Horace Prentiss, 1869- 2
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 2
- Trolson, Jacob 2
- Allardt, G. F. 1
- American Geophysical Union 1
- Armstrong, Samuel Treat (Surveyor) 1
- Austin City Railway 1
- Austin. City Surveyor (Nev. Territory) 1
- Boardman, Horace E. 1
- Chilton Engineering (Firm) 1
- Church, Florence Humphrey 1
- Curtis, Melville 1
- Farr West Engineering 1
- Fulton, Charles W. 1
- Hatch, A. J. (Andrew Jackson) 1
- International Association of Scientific Hydrology 1
- International Commission of Snow 1
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics 1
- Mount Rose Observatory 1
- NV Energy 1
- Nevada Cooperative Snow Survey 1
- Nevada Federation of Women's Clubs 1
- Sierra Pacific Power Company 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- Utah Construction Company 1
- Western States Snow Conference 1 ∧ less