Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Identifier: AC 0623
Abstract The Academy for the Environment records consist of issues of its newsletter; a brochure of environmental degrees offered at the university; the report of the 2007 Tahoe Summit that describes the activities of the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources, the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Science, the College of Engineering, the Reynolds School of Journalism, and the University of Nevada Cooperative Extension; and an Earth Day poster.
Overview Laurel Ames is a long-time resident of South Lake Tahoe who has worked with various agencies dedicated to the use and conservation of Lake Tahoe including The League to Save Lake Tahoe, the California Water Quality Control Board, Sierra Club, and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency. The collection contains materials created and collected by Ames while working with organizations in the Lake Tahoe basin whose primary goal was to protect Lake Tahoe from overdevelopment and urbanization.
Abstract Records of the Bliss family businesses which centered around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada, include those of the Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company, Lake Tahoe Transportation Company, Lake Tahoe Railway and Transportation Company, Sierra Realty Company, Truckee Lumber Company, Lake Tahoe and San Francisco Water Works, and Glenbrook Improvement Company. Topics include the lumber industry; Lake Tahoe development; Lake Tahoe tourism industry; Tahoe Tavern at Tahoe City; railroads and...
Identifier: AC 0576
Abstract The collection consists of slide presentations, DVDs, and VHS videocassettes. Some presentation transcriptions do not include the AV material. Most are part of the Nevada Cooperative Extension's AV audiovisual series. Some, however, are audiovisual materials produced by other organizations but transferred to University Archives by the Nevada Cooperative Extension Service.Some programs were produced in collaboration with KOLO News Channel 8. Some were made possible by funding from...
Abstract Duane Leroy Bliss, Jr. (1874-1938) was born in Carson City, Nevada, the son of prominent Lake Tahoe developer Duane L. Bliss. Materials consist of documents that pertain to companies with which Bliss was involved (Lake Tahoe Railway and Transportation Company, the Spanish Peak Lumber Company, Dunham, Carrigan, & Hayden Company, the California Pacific Trading Corporation, and the Post Street Investment Company). Also included are various personal receipts, loans given to individuals, and a...
Abstract Ronald M. James is an historian and former administrator of the Nevada State Historic Preservation Office (1983-2012) and author or editor of over a dozen books and numerous articles. He is known for his knowledge of Virginia City and writings on Nevada's Comstock Lode period as well as about the state's architectural history. In 2014, he was inducted into the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame.
Overview David K. Rice worked for the Nevada Department of Wildlife for 30 years primarily as Chief Conservation Educator. He is also the author of a former weekly column for the Reno Gazette Journal on hunting and fishing. Collection contains material from the Nevada Department of Wildlife (and formerly the Nevada Fish and Game Commission) about the department's conservation work, particularly at Pyramid Lake. Also includes columns written by Rice for the RGJ.
Abstract Santini's papers as Representative to the U.S. Congress from Nevada include files related to his committee assignments and interests, particularly on the Energy and Commerce Committee; Interior and Insular Affairs Committee; and Select Committee on Aging. Campaign files are included.
Abstract The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Records date from 1963-2008. Ziegler was an environmental engineer, who from 1989-1994 was executive director of TRPA. The collection includes TRPA reports and some from the earlier Lake Tahoe Area Council organization, and the 2002 Supreme Court decision and associated documents on the Tahoe-Sierra Preservation Council (TSPC) vs. Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) case.
Overview A. W. (Alexis Waldemar) Von Schmidt worked as a stateline surveyor and also was employed by James Lick, of observatory fame, to find a suitable location for his observatory around Lake Tahoe. The collection contains one letter written by Von Schmidt to D. L. Bliss regarding purchasing land owned by Bliss for the observatory.
- Subject: Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 9
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 2
- Bliss, Duane L., Jr. 3
- Bliss family 2
- Bliss, Duane L. 2
- Bliss, W. S. (William Seth), 1865-1941 2
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency 2
- Ames, Laurel W. 1
- Annie (Steamboat) 1
- Bliss, Florence Dunham 1
- Bliss, Walter 1
- Bliss, William W. (William Walter) 1
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board--Lahontan Region 1
- Carson and Tahoe Lumber and Fluming Company 1
- Catalina (Steamboat) 1
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Dieringer, Andrew Jack 1
- Geographical Surveys West of the 100th Meridian (U.S.) 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Glenbrook Hotel (Glenbrook, Nev.) 1
- Glenbrook Improvement Company 1
- Holabird-Kagin Americana 1
- James, Ronald M. (Ronald Michael), 1955- 1
- Lake Tahoe Area Council 1
- Lake Tahoe Ry. & Trans. Co 1
- Lake Tahoe Transportation Company 1
- Lake Tahoe and San Francisco Water Works 1
- League to Save Lake Tahoe 1
- Meteor (Steamboat) 1
- Nevada. Department of Wildlife 1
- Nevada. Fish and Game Commission 1
- Santini, Jim 1
- Sierra Club 1
- Sierra Realty Company 1
- Tahoe (Steamboat) 1
- Tahoe Tavern (Tahoe City, Calif.) 1
- Tallac (Steamboat) 1
- Thunderbird Lodge (Incline Village, Nev.) 1
- Trelease, Tom 1
- Truckee Lumber Company 1
- United States. Congress. House 1
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Academy for the Environment 1
- Von Schmidt, A. W. (Alexis Waldemar), 1821-1906 1
- Wheeler, George M. (George Montague) 1
- Whittell, George, 1881-1969 1
- Wild Goose (Steamboat) 1
- Wright, Fred 1
- Ziegler, David S. 1 ∧ less