Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Helen M. Dunn was a Reno, Nevada teacher who grew up in Goldfield. The author recounts memories of her childhood, playtime, and school activities; descriptions of Goldfield, Nevada, and the University of Nevada, Reno; and recollections of her teaching career, including teaching years at Billinghurst Junior High School in Reno, Nevada (1900-1999).
Lela Halsell Hempton's memoirs reveal her life as a child on a family farm in southwest Missouri; the family's move to Columbia, near Goldfield, Nevada, in 1904; childhood on the Nevada frontier; education, early teaching career in rural Nevada schools, and married life. Material from 1975.
Gertrude Gottschalk was a Native of Nevada and an active in state Democratic Party politics. Included are the family memoirs by Gottschalk and her mother, Jennie Riordan, about the women in their family, especially Jeannette (Jennie) O'Hare Riordan and Margaret McNally O'Hare (1940-1996).
Manuscript and notes on the history of Nevada, including women teachers; Sparks and Churchill County, Nevada; and Paiute Indians. Also included are curriculum materials on Nevada history; correspondence about Sawyer's research, statistics on land ownership and use in Nevada, turkey production in the Fallon area, and copies of presidential executive orders establishing wildlife refugees in Nevada.
- Women -- Nevada -- Biography 3
- Agriculture -- Nevada -- Churchill County 1
- Children -- Missouri -- Biography 1
- Children -- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Churchill County (Nev.) -- History 1
- Columbia (Esmeralda County, Nev.) 1
- Education -- Nevada -- History 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) 1
- Goldfield (Nev.) -- Description and travel 1
- Nevada -- Biography 1
- Nevada -- History -- 20th century 1
- Paiute Indians -- History 1
- Sparks (Nev.) -- History 1
- Turkeys 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women authors -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Billinghurst Middle School (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Dunn, Helen M. 1
- Gottschalk, George, 1909-1996 1
- Gottschalk, Gertrude 1
- Hempton, Lela Halsell 1