Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Abstract Interview of Bonney by Robert L. Bruno, discussing his Nevada mining experiences from 1909-1913, in Rhyolite, Tonopah, and Virginia City.
Abstract Sheet music honoring the Tonopah Ambulance Regiment for service in World War I and A letter accompanying the gift from Barbara Horton Mighels, describes other war-related activities in Tonopah.
Abstract Contains a history of Rochester, Nevada; a city directory of Rochester compiled by Emminger, stories about such Nevada residents as Libby Molan, the little old lady of the mountain, and Jack Longstreet; and a biography of Emminger's father-in-law, , Louis C. Hartsough which also includes reminiscences of Emminger's careers.
Abstrac Company prospectus advertise the riches to be made from their mines, report on gold yields to date, list names of claims, and offer investment opportunities. One brochure includes photos of Tonopah, Nevada
Abstract Program for the Grand Souvenir Ball held at Christmas.,Included is a brief history and photos of Tonopah.
Abstract Included are membership rosters, expense books, and minutes. Of particular note are the indications of the number of women involved in the Wobbly movement in Nevada.
Overview Albert C. Williams was born in Nevada in 1883 and lived in Austin and Tonopah, Nevada. In 1904 he worked for the Nevada Central Railroad train station, which ran from Austin to Battle Mountain, Nevada and connected to the Southern Pacific. By September of the same year, he found a new job at a bank in Tonopah. Collection contains four letters from Williams to his cousin Leonora Kennedy who lived in Florin, California.
Abstract Typescript memoirs of Lynch, intended for publication as Tonopah memories: mines, desert, rats & burros. Featured is a history of the Tonopah mining region and its inhabitants, including John C. Lynch; and the Desert Springs Ranch, Utah, located 50 miles east of Pioche, Nevada.
Manuscript Thesis Draft of The Tonopah, Goldfield, Bullfrog Mining Districts, 1900-1915: History of a Twentieth Century Mining Boom
Overview Russell Richard Elliott was a Nevada historian, author, and professor in the History Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. Collection contains a bound copy of Russell Elliott's Ph.D. in History thesis from University of California, Berkeley in 1946.
Abstract This survey recounts the mine's history and production, and provides a physical description of the mine.
- Subject: Tonopah (Nev.) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 22
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Tonopah Extension Mining Company 2
- Albert, Herman W. 1
- Anderson, David A. 1
- Berg family 1
- Berg, Karl 1
- Berg, Lucile Rae 1
- Bonney, John Harry 1
- Corkill, Fred 1
- Douglas, W. J. 1
- Elliott, Russell R. 1
- Emminger, William Glenn 1
- Fraternal Order of Eagles. Aerie No. 271 (Tonopah, Nev.) 1
- Golden Crown Mining Company 1
- Golden, Francis Bernard 1
- Goldfield Coming Nation Gold Mines Company 1
- Grigsby, Helen 1
- Hartsough, Louis C. 1
- Herbst, Rebecca 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Kennedy, Leonora 1
- Lynch, John C. 1
- Lynch, Thomas J. 1
- Marett, Dorothy 1
- Mighels, Barbara Horton 1
- Molan, Libby H. 1
- Monahan, Ogden F. 1
- Monarch Pittsburg Extension Mining Company 1
- Monarch Pittsburg Mining Company 1
- Montana-Tonopah Mining Company 1
- Morris, James 1
- National Architectural and Engineering Record Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service 1
- Nevada Mine Operators Association 1
- Raycraft, James Andrew 1
- Raycraft, Margaret Theresa Morris 1
- Rives, Henry Macon 1
- Rives, Marguerite Jeanette Raycraft 1
- Ronald, Ann 1
- Sanborn Map Company 1
- Schmidt Litho (Firm : San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Searls, Fred 1
- Tonopah Ambulance Regiment 1
- Tonopah Home Mining Company 1
- Tonopah Midway Mining Company 1
- Tonopah North Star Tunnel & Development Company 1
- Tonopah Sewer Corporation 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- Williams, Bert 1 ∧ less