Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 23
Identifier: AC 0430
Overview Ogden F. Monahan was raised in Tonopah, Nevada and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Nevada in 1924. He was a fullback on the football team, a member of the basketball team, and senior class president. The collection includes programs, photographs, and other ephemera of football games, dances, and other university events; yearbooks and other university publications; and grade reports, certificates, and miscelleanous personal papers.
Abstract The Monarch Pittsburgh Mining Company was incorporated in Nevada in 1913 and succeeded the Monarch Pittsburgh Extension Mining Company, located near Tonopah, Nevada. While work began around 1903 or 1904 on shafts, only small quantities of ore were developed from additional explorations which appeared in 1913 continuing until about 1927. Ledger lists expenses which date from January 1926 to October 1932.
Overview Francis Bernard Golden (1862?-1911), of Irish birth, was a Nevada businessman and jeweler, married to Mary Louise Morris. James Morris (1826?-1900), also Irish, was County Commissioner and Justice of the Peace in Empire City, Nevada, married to Margaret Muldoon (1831?-1893). Margaret (Madge) Theresa Morris Raycraft (1864-1943), daughter of James Morris, schoolteacher, married to James A. Raycraft. James Andrew Raycraft (1862-1913) ran livery stable business in Genoa, Nevada and vicinity and...
Overview Sodaville, Nevada was a station for the Carson and Colorado Railroad and the point at which all freight bound for Tonopah, Nevada, 50 miles to the southeast, was unloaded. Collection contains typed copies of two letters written by Fred Corkill on February 3 and 4, 1904 from Goldfield and Butler, Nevada describing Sodaville and his visits to Tonopah mines.
Dates: February 1904
Abstract Includes Lucile Rae Berg's master's thesis, A history of the Tonopah area and adjacent region of central Nevada, 1827-1941; oral history of Karl "Skook" Berg and his wife Arleen; genealogical information on the Berg family; and a copy of the BLM report, the Round Mountain land status question.
Abstract This cash account ledger for the company's accounts payable lists name of payee, date, amount paid by company, and bank balance.
Abstract The Tonopah Home Mining Company was organized in 1903 at Tonopah, Nevada. W.J. Douglas was president. Prospectus attempts to attract investors; at the time the brochure was written, it appeared no development had been undertaken. The prospectus discusses mining history of the region, improvements built or contemplated, names of mining claims of the company, list of officers, and map of mining claims (1903).
Abstract Analysis of presence of cultured women in Tonopah (Nevada) during the boom town period of the early 1900s, using published first-hand accounts and fiction.
Abstract Map of mining claims in Tonopah, Nevada. Shown prominently are claims for Tonopah Extension Mining Company, Tonopah Midway Mining Company, Montana-Tonopah Mining Company, Golden Crown Mining Company and many others.
Abstract Monthly ore shipment reports, payroll listings, cash accounts, operating expenses, and trial balances (1921); and a prospect report and map on the North Star Mine by William B. Daniel, engineer (1913)
- Subject: Tonopah (Nev.) X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 22
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 1
- Tonopah Extension Mining Company 2
- Albert, Herman W. 1
- Anderson, David A. 1
- Berg family 1
- Berg, Karl 1
- Berg, Lucile Rae 1
- Bonney, John Harry 1
- Corkill, Fred 1
- Douglas, W. J. 1
- Elliott, Russell R. 1
- Emminger, William Glenn 1
- Fraternal Order of Eagles. Aerie No. 271 (Tonopah, Nev.) 1
- Golden Crown Mining Company 1
- Golden, Francis Bernard 1
- Goldfield Coming Nation Gold Mines Company 1
- Grigsby, Helen 1
- Hartsough, Louis C. 1
- Herbst, Rebecca 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Kennedy, Leonora 1
- Lynch, John C. 1
- Lynch, Thomas J. 1
- Marett, Dorothy 1
- Mighels, Barbara Horton 1
- Molan, Libby H. 1
- Monahan, Ogden F. 1
- Monarch Pittsburg Extension Mining Company 1
- Monarch Pittsburg Mining Company 1
- Montana-Tonopah Mining Company 1
- Morris, James 1
- National Architectural and Engineering Record Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service 1
- Nevada Mine Operators Association 1
- Raycraft, James Andrew 1
- Raycraft, Margaret Theresa Morris 1
- Rives, Henry Macon, 1883-1952 1
- Rives, Marguerite Jeanette Raycraft 1
- Ronald, Ann 1
- Sanborn Map Company 1
- Schmidt Litho (Firm : San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Searls, Fred 1
- Tonopah Ambulance Regiment 1
- Tonopah Home Mining Company 1
- Tonopah Midway Mining Company 1
- Tonopah North Star Tunnel & Development Company 1
- Tonopah Sewer Corporation 1
- United States. Bureau of Land Management 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- Williams, Bert 1 ∧ less