Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Identifier: AC 0477
Overview The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Identifier: AC 0060
Abstract Walter E. Clark was born in Ohio and served as the 5th president of the University of Nevada from 1918-1938. He attended Ohio Wesleyan University and Columbia, and was known for scholarly research in economics and business. Prior to becoming the president, he taught for 15 years at the City College of New York. Under Clark’s tenure, the growth of the University’s physical facilities continued, including the expansion of the football stadium, construction of $415,000 Mackay Science Hall, and the...
Identifier: AC 0554
Overview Dr. Milton D. Glick was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 1937. He obtained his doctorate degree in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and married Peggy Porter in 1965. Dr. Glick joined the chemistry faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he eventually became Chair of the Department of Chemistry and published 99 research articles. The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Milton D. Glick, include bylaws, capital improvement studies,...
Identifier: AC 0384
Abstract John P. Marschall served as Interim Director of Finance Administration, January through June 1983, until being appointed Director of University Services in July 1983. He held that position until September 1988, when he was reassigned as Special Assistant to the Vice President for Student Services. Records consists of correspondence, minutes of meetings, memorandums, and routine office files from the various administrative positions John Marschall held during this period. Materials were...
Identifier: AC 0100
Abstract The University Council was to formulate and recommend to the university president legislation relative to university educational policy and faculty welfare. The number of Council seats to which any College or Division was entitled was based upon the number of its full time faculty members. The Council was succeeded by the University Senate (Faculty Senate) Records are the published minutes, beginning with the first meeting, April 17, 1959, though May 18,1967, and copies of the by-laws.
Identifier: AC 0681
Overview This is the five year (1993-1998) strategic plan for the units that comprise Administration and Finance, representing a continuing effort by every unit in the division to improve the services offered to its varied constituents.
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Administration X
- University of Nevada, Reno 3
- Ault, Chris 2
- Glick, Milton D. 2
- Klaich, Daniel J. 2
- Nevada State College 2
- Nevada System of Higher Education. Board of Regents 2
- Roger, James E. 2
- University of Nevada, Reno Foundation 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Fire Science Academy 2
- Associated Students of the University of Nevada 1
- Clark, Walter E. (Walter Ernest), 1873-1955 1
- College of Southern Nevada 1
- Great Basin College 1
- Groth, Cary 1
- Marschall, John P. 1
- Nevada Cancer Institute 1
- Nevada System of Higher Education. Desert Research Institute 1
- Regional Transportation Commission of Washoe County 1
- Richard H. Bryan 1
- Truckee Meadows Community College 1
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 1
- University of Nevada School of Medicine 1
- University of Nevada System. Desert Research Institute 1
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Associate Dean for Student Life 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. College of Engineering 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. College of Liberal Arts 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Director of Finance and Administration 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Director of University Services 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Office of Student Services 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Council 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Vice President for Administration and Finance 1
- Wells, Stephen G., Dr. 1
- Western Athletic Conference 1
- Western Nevada Community College 1 ∧ less