Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Identifier: AC 0403
Abstract Paul S. Adamian was a teacher of English who joined the faculty as a lecturer in 1966, became an assistant professor in 1968, and was granted tenure in the 1969/70 school year. Records include general correspondence, copies of legal records, ephemera, and newspaper clippings, 1970-1979. Also records, 1965-1966, concerning his teaching appointment at Southern Oregon College, Ashland, Oregon. Material between 1965-1996.
Identifier: AC 0477
Overview The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Identifier: AC 0619
Abstract The Katharine DeBoer Collection consists of her email invitation, the recital program, and the master and public use audio discs for Dr. DeBoer's farewell recital of July 26, 2015, following her retirement from the University's Department of Music.
Dates: July 26, 2015
Identifier: AC 0629
Overview In Spring 1985, at the recommendation of the Executive Committee of the University of Nevada, Reno's Faculty Senate, the Vice President for Academic Affairs appointed a faculty committee to study salary inequities within the academic faculty. The committee conducted its study in the spring of 1986. The collection consists of material for faculty salary equity studies conducted in 1986, 1988, 1992, and 2002.
Identifier: AC 0555
Overview The University Council was established in 1959 to formulate and recommend to the university president legislation relative to university educational policy and faculty welfare. The Council was succeeded by the University Senate (Faculty Senate) in 1967. The Faculty Senate Records consist of minutes, handbooks, manuals, reports, and records from subcommittees and taskforces. Among the reports are the 1999 Core Curriculum Program Review and the University of Nevada Health Sciences Center...
Identifier: AC 0572
Overview Glenn "Jake" Lawlor (1907-1980) was a University of Nevada student where he played both football and basketball. Upon graduation, he coached sports in the northern Nevada area before returning to coach baseball and basketball at the University of Nevada. He eventually became the Director of Athletics from 1959 until 1970. The collection contains a scrapbook compiled by Lawlor's wife, Erma Lawlor, that was presented to him at his retirement in 1972. The scrapbook includes certificates, game...
Identifier: AC 0455
Overview Collection of records from the University Libraries at the University of Nevada, Reno; including "Postcards-As-Art" of campus scenes. Wide variety of records include annual reports, budget data, bylaws, project reports, accession records, resource usage data, Library Staff Association records, planning material, committee reports, library publications, manuals, correspondence, the Nevada Newspaper and Serials project records, as well as DeLaMare Library, Mines Library, Special Collections, and...
Identifier: AC 0519
Abstract In 1988, the President of the Friends of the University Libraries, Marilyn Melton, proposed an awards program to honor and celebrate Nevada writers. That same year, Walter Van Tilburg Clark and Robert Laxalt became the first two authors to be inducted into the Nevada Writers Hall of Fame. The records include budget and planning information for the annual programs, correspondence, histories of the two awards, biographical and marketing material about the authors, newspaper clippings, and some...
Identifier: AC 0649
Abstract The records include architectural drawings, audio recordings of early faculty and students, biographical information about Mr. and Mrs. Orvis, by-laws, ceremony programs, correspondence, a guest register for School events, information about the history of the School and activities of its Alumni Association chapter, marketing material, meeting minutes, publications, scrapbooks, self-evaluation reports, and working agreements with hospitals. Founded in 1956, the Orvis School of Nursing (OSN), at...
Identifier: AC 0622
Abstract The Ross W. Smith Papers include curricular and research material. Ross W. Smith was a professor in the Chemical and Materials Engineering Department at the University of Nevada, Reno. He was born in Turlock, California in 1927 and attended attended Hartnell College (AA), University of Nevada (BS), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MS), and Stanford University (PhD). Smith worked for the United States Geological Survey, Colorado School of Mines Research Institute, and Consolidated Copper...
- Subject: Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty X
- University of Nevada, Reno 2
- University of Nevada, Reno. Faculty 2
- Adamian, Paul S. 1
- Associated Students of the University of Nevada 1
- Ault, Chris 1
- College of Southern Nevada 1
- De Boer, Catherine 1
- Glick, Milton D. 1
- Great Basin College 1
- Klaich, Daniel J. 1
- Lawlor, Erma 1
- Lawlor, Glenn Joseph 1
- Nevada State College 1
- Nevada System of Higher Education. Board of Regents 1
- Nevada System of Higher Education. Desert Research Institute 1
- Orvis School of Nursing 1
- Orvis, Arthur E. 1
- Orvis, Mae Emma Zenke 1
- Roger, James E. 1
- Smith, Ross W. (Ross Wilbert) 1
- Springer, Charles E. 1
- Truckee Meadows Community College 1
- University and Community College System of Nevada. Board of Regents 1
- University of Nevada Cooperative Extension 1
- University of Nevada School of Medicine 1
- University of Nevada System 1
- University of Nevada System. Desert Research Institute 1
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas 1
- University of Nevada, Reno Foundation 1
- University of Nevada, Reno--Awards 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Intercollegiate Athletics 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Music 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Faculty Salary Equity Committee 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Faculty Senate 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Fire Science Academy 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Friends of the University Library 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library Staff Association 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library. Special Collections Department 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Library. University Archives 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Life and Health Science Library 1
- University of Nevada. College of Education 1
- Wells, Stephen G., Dr. 1
- Western Nevada Community College 1
- Zink, Steven D., Dr. 1 ∧ less