Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Decree in water rights case involving the use of the waters of the West Fork of the Carson River. The collection contains material from November 27, 1905 created by the United States Circuit Court (9th Circuit), Northern District of California.
The Bodie Wood and Lumber Company was organized by H. M. Yerington, J. W. Haynie and others to acquire timber lands and water rights in Mono County, California, just south of Mono Lake. The collection include correspondence, financial accounts, and land related material.
The Frank H. Fowles Papers contains reports, correspondence, and other records of Frank H. Fowles, a district attorney working in Inyo County, California. These papers focus on Fowles' role in arresting Charles Manson and his followers in 1969, water rights in the Owens Valley, in addition to personal records kept by Fowles.
Letter to Heinlen's brother John R. in Tulare County, California, discussing California water rights litigation which they were involved in: Heinlen vs C & K Irrigation Company, Heinlen vs Fowler Switch Company, and Heinlen vs F.C. & Irrigation Company.
Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Abstract of title to Kirman and Rickey's lands in Antelope Valley, California and Nevada, includes a description of acquisitions, water rights, and ditches appurtenant to those lands. The collection contains material from 1875-1897 created by Kirman and Rickey.
Arguments of Lake Tahoe Protective Association against the six feet of storage-capacity asked for by the U. S. Reclamation Service on Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Protective Association was an organization of Lake Tahoe land owners headed by William S. Bliss. Contains statement, comments and letters by William S. Bliss and Edwin Duryea, Jr., consulting engineer for the Association from 1913. The Association was seeking to prevent the Reclamation Service from adding additional storage capacity to the dam at Lake Tahoe; the increase in capacity was to benefit the Newlands Reclamation Project near Fallon, Nevada.
Included are reports, correspondence, chronology, legal agreements, maps, and photographs related to the acquisition of Owens Valley (California) Indian lands and water rights by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power. Materials between 1929-1983.
- Subject: Water rights -- California X
- Water rights -- California 8
- Water rights -- Nevada 6
- Carson River (Nev.) -- Water rights 2
- Mono County (Calif.) 2
- Owens Valley (Calif.) 2
- Water rights -- California -- Owens River Valley 2
- Antelope Valley (Calif.) 1
- Antelope Valley (Nev.) 1
- Aurora (Nev.) 1
- Bodie (Calif.) 1
- Business correspondence 1
- California-Nevada Interstate Compact for Lake Tahoe 1
- Crime -- California 1
- Indians of North America -- Health and hygiene -- California -- Owens River Valley 1
- Inyo County (Calif.) 1
- Irrigation -- Nevada 1
- Land titles -- California 1
- Lumber trade -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California -- Mono County 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada -- Aurora 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) -- Water rights 1
- Reclamation of land -- Nevada 1
- Silver mines and mining -- Nevada -- Aurora 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- California 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water use -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Anderson, John 2
- Bassman, Henry 2
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 2
- Bliss, W. S. (William Seth), 1865-1941 1
- Bodie Wood and Lumber Company 1
- Duryea, E. D. (Edwin D.) 1
- Fowles, Frank L. 1
- Hall, Bertha 1
- Haynie, J. W. (John W.) 1
- Heinlen, G. A. 1
- Jenkins, A. Dobie 1
- King, S. D. 1
- Kirman and Rickey 1
- Lake Tahoe Protective Association 1
- Los Angeles. Department of Water and Power (Calif.) 1
- Manson, Charles, 1934-2017 1
- Mono Lake Lumber Company 1
- United States. Bureau of Reclamation 1
- United States. Circuit Court (9th Circuit). Northern District of California 1
- University of Nevada, Reno 1
- Wedertz family 1
- Yerington, Henry M. 1 ∧ less