Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Includes lists of ditches in the Newlands Project area and their history, correspondence regarding irrigation of Freeman's ranch, location notices of ditches in Churchill County, copies of water claims in Churchill County, and a history of the Newlands Project.
Transcript of a speech by an unknown Nevada author analysing the history of water allocation in California and Nevada, the Reclamation Act of 1902 and changes it would make in Nevada state government, and possibilities available through Nevada's Newlands Project.
Arguments of Lake Tahoe Protective Association against the six feet of storage-capacity asked for by the U. S. Reclamation Service on Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe Protective Association was an organization of Lake Tahoe land owners headed by William S. Bliss. Contains statement, comments and letters by William S. Bliss and Edwin Duryea, Jr., consulting engineer for the Association from 1913. The Association was seeking to prevent the Reclamation Service from adding additional storage capacity to the dam at Lake Tahoe; the increase in capacity was to benefit the Newlands Reclamation Project near Fallon, Nevada.
The Pyramid Lake Controversy is a student paper submitted to Oberlin College on water rights and use of Pyramid Lake and Truckee River water by farmers in the Newlands Project area near Fallon, Nevada, and the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
- Water use -- Nevada 4
- Water rights -- California 2
- Irrigation -- Nevada 1
- Irrigation -- Nevada -- Churchill County 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe of the Pyramid Lake Reservation, Nevada 1
- Reclamation of land -- Nevada 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1 ∧ less
- Allen, Robert A., 1885-1968 1
- Alpine Land and Reservoir Company 1
- Bliss, W. S. (William Seth), 1865-1941 1
- Colorado River Commission 1
- Dangberg, H. F. 1