Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Robert Leland (1912-1986) was a Nevada lawyer who worked closely with Washoe and Paiute Indigenous Peoples. Material in the collection is exclusively concerned with issues of Indigenous Peoples, mainly the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe. The collection includes correspondence, notes, reports, legal documents, printed material, tribal records, and maps relate to Pyramid Lake Paiute tribal concerns including water, economic development, and claims.
The Pyramid Lake Controversy is a student paper submitted to Oberlin College on water rights and use of Pyramid Lake and Truckee River water by farmers in the Newlands Project area near Fallon, Nevada, and the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe.
- Lawyers -- Nevada 1
- Paiute Indians 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Pyramid Lake Indian Reservation (Nev.) 1
- Water -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Water resources development -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada -- Pyramid Lake 1 ∧ less
- Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada 1
- Joint California-Nevada Interstate Compact Commission 1
- Leland, Robert (Nevada lawyer) 1
- National Congress of American Indians 1
- Newlands Project (U.S.) 1