Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection contains papers, plaques, scrapbooks, and memorabilia of Barbara Vucanovich. Preliminary inventory available in department.
Shelley Berkley (1951- ) was elected to the Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents in 1982 and 1991. The collection includes campaign flyers and stickers for Berkley's political campaigns for election to the University of Nevada System, Board of Regents.
Papers relating to Rusco's research and publications.
Sue Wagner was a Republican member of the Nevada State Assembly, Nevada Senate, and lieutenant governor of Nevada. The Legislative History includes lists of Assembly and Senate bills sponsored by Wagner. Lists include bill numbers, summary of bills, and final disposition.
Materials cover the life and work of philanthropist, feminist, political activist, and one-time Nevada U. S. Senate candidate, Maya Miller from the years 1953-2003. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, campaign materials, news clips, agendas, bulletins, reports, and audio/visual resources with particular emphasis placed on Miller's position as Chairperson on the Board of Directors for the Las Vegas-based community development corporation, Operation Life.
The Nevada Women's Lobby (NWL), a 501(c)4 was formed in 1989 to improve the status of women and children by lobbying public officials and lawmakers. The collection contains administrative documents, including minutes and founding documents, events, issues, and information from their Legislative event, Grassroots Lobby Days.
Patricia D. Cafferata was a Nevada attorney and politician. Collection contains materials relating to Cafferata's campaigns from 1986-1996; materials from her time in office including badges, name tags, etc.; attorney files (Reno Train Trench , Coalition to End Prostitution , Mapes Hotel [ca.2000]); sesquicentennial materials, Esmeralda County DA materials; and Republican National Convention materials.
- Subject: Women -- Nevada -- Politics and government X
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 3
- Nevada -- Politics and government 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Charters and articles of incorporation 1
- Excerpts 1
- Indians of North America -- Civil rights 1
- Indians of North America -- Great Basin 1
- Interviews 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Nicaragua -- Politics and government -- 1979-1990 1
- Political campaigns -- Nevada 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Inauguration 1
- Programs (Publications) 1
- Public welfare -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Shoshonean Indians -- Great Basin 1
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Washoe Valley (Nev.) 1
- Welfare rights movement -- Nevada -- Las Vegas 1
- Women's rights -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Women, Black -- Nevada -- Economic conditions 1
- Yucca Mountain (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- Berkley, Shelley 1
- Cafferata, Patricia D., 1940- 1
- Dann, Carrie, 1934-2021 1
- Dann, Mary, 1923-2005 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Democratic National Convention 1
- Democratic Party (Nev.) 1
- Duncan, Ruby 1
- Gottschalk, Gertrude 1
- League of Women Voters (U.S.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Nevada 1
- MX Missile Project 1
- Miller, Kit 1
- Miller, Maya 1
- National Welfare Rights Organization (U.S.) 1
- Nevada Women's Agenda (Organization) 1
- Nevada Women's Lobby 1
- Operation Life (Organization) 1
- Operation Nevada (Organization) 1
- Rusco, Elmer R. 1
- University of Nevada System. Board of Regents 1
- Vucanovich, Barbara F., 1921-2013 1
- Wagner, Sue, 1940- 1 ∧ less