Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: AC 0297
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated professionally with the university. In 1934, while on a student recruitment trip, university President, Walter E. Clark, and his wife, Euphemia Clark, were involved in a car accident. The Women's Faculty Club wrote poems and notes in an autograph book to Mrs. Clark, an active member and...
Identifier: AC 0257
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the...