Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Identifier: AC 0197
Overview The Associated Women Students (AWS) began in 1917 as the Woman's League, which was reorganized in 1921 and renamed. It was the official representative body for women students, and acted as the policy maker for them: instructing freshman women about university traditions, set dorm hours and punishments for infractions, established the Women's Night of Honor, the AWS Rose Garden, the child care facility, and sponsored fashion shows, scholarships, and lectures. The records consist of...
Identifier: AC 0297
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated professionally with the university. In 1934, while on a student recruitment trip, university President, Walter E. Clark, and his wife, Euphemia Clark, were involved in a car accident. The Women's Faculty Club wrote poems and notes in an autograph book to Mrs. Clark, an active member and...
Identifier: AC 0392
Overview Cap and Scroll, the University of Nevada, Reno's Women's Honor Society, began in 1922. The purpose of the quasi-secret organization is to recognize a student's college spirit as demonstrated through activities and scholarship. The collections consists of a small binder that has typed copies of the constitution, by-laws, and initiation procedures of the organization.
Identifier: AC 0367
Abstract Edme Peterson attended the university during the 1926/27 school year, and pledged the Alpha Gamma Chapter, Gamma Phi Delta sorority. The scrapbook documents the year and the various social activities sponsored by the sorority, as well as other student social events. Next to many of the items in the scrapbook are written comments. Scrapbook contains ephemera and realia of university and sorority activities, including homecoming, dances, and banquets; dance programs and favors; and newspaper...
Identifier: AC 0469
Overview Sagens, the oldest women's service organization at the University of Nevada, Reno, was founded in 1933. Unaffiliated with any national club, it evolved from a pep group into a community service organization. The collection contains one scrapbook with material that documents the history and activity of the club in the early 1990s.
Identifier: AC 0317
Abstract SPURS (Sacrifice, Patriotism, Understanding, Responsibility, and Service) is a sophomore student service organization founded in Montana in 1922 and was originally for women only. The University of Nevada SPURS, formerly Pages, joined the national organization in 1963, and became a co-ed group in 1977/78. During 1989/90, they disaffiliated themselves from the national SPURS and became a local campus organization, adopting the name Sabers.Collections consist primarily of scrapbooks, 1965-1990,...
Identifier: AC 0413
Overview The Faculty Wives Club began about 1910, and was limited to faculty wives. The purpose of The Faculty Wives Club was to raise funds to support campus activities, student scholarships and the libraries. The collection consist of correspondence, membership lists, scholarship committee records, programs, treasurer's reports, and includes copies of the club newsletter, La Pluma (1961-1999).
Identifier: AC 0368
Abstract The Wolfpack Women's BoostHER Club was founded December 1983, to provide greater recognition and encouragement for women's sports programs, and to supplement funding. In April 1993, BoostHERS was changed to Club Wolf Pack. The records in this collection primarily cover 1984-1987, and include minutes and newsletters, names of program supporters, some correspondence, and forms such as stationary and membership cards.
Dates: 1984 to 1993
Identifier: AC 0257
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the...
Identifier: AC 0286
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. The Club has a special section, the Newcomers, that welcomed new faculty and invited them to participate in the Club. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club. Records of the Club and the Newcomers section include committee...
- Clark, Euphemia 2
- University of Nevada, Reno 2
- Women's Faculty Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 2
- Gamma Phi Beta. Alpha Gamma Chapter (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Newcomers (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Peterson, Edme 1
- SPURS (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Sagens (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- University Women's Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Associated Women Students 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Cap and Scroll 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Women's Resource Center 1
- Wolfpack Women's BoostHER Club 1
- Women's Faculty Club (University of Nevada) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (University of Nevada, Reno) 1 ∧ less