Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: AC 0197
Abstract The Associated Women Students (AWS) began in 1917 as the Woman's League, which was reorganized in 1921 and renamed. It was the official representative body for women students, and acted as the policy maker for them: instructing freshman women about university traditions, set dorm hours and punishments for infractions, established the Women's Night of Honor, the AWS Rose Garden, the child care facility, and sponsored fashion shows, scholarships, and lectures. The records consist of...
Identifier: AC 0392
Abstract Cap and Scroll, the University of Nevada, Reno's Women's Honor Society, began in 1922. The purpose of the quasi-secret organization is to recognize a student's college spirit as demonstrated through activities and scholarship. Membership is limited to senior women with high grade point averages who are leaders in campus activities. The 1924 Artemisia listed the organization as "Athenades". Cap and Scroll, the Women's Honor Society, began in 1923. The purpose of the organization is to recognize...
Identifier: AC 0367
Abstract Edme Peterson attended the university during the 1926/27 school year, and pledged the Alpha Gamma Chapter, Gamma Phi Delta sorority. The scrapbook documents the year and the various social activities sponsored by the sorority, as well as other student social events. Next to many of the items in the scrapbook are written comments. Scrapbook contains ephemera and realia of university and sorority activities, including homecoming, dances, and banquets; dance programs and favors; and newspaper...
Identifier: AC 0413
Abstract The Faculty Wives Club began about 1910, and was limited to faculty wives. The purpose of The Faculty Wives Club was to raise funds to support campus activities, student scholarships and the libraries. The collection consist of correspondence, membership lists, scholarship committee records, programs, treasurer's reports, and includes copies of the club newsletter, La Pluma (1961-1999).
Identifier: AC 0368
Abstract The Wolfpack Women's BoostHER Club was founded December 1983, to provide greater recognition and encouragement for women's sports programs, and to supplement funding. In April 1993, BoostHERS was changed to Club Wolf Pack. The records in this collection primarily cover 1984-1987, and include minutes and newsletters, names of program supporters, some correspondence, and forms such as stationary and membership cards.
Identifier: AC 0257
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1906 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. When Euphemia Clark, wife of university president Walter E. Clark, became president in 1918, she successfully proposed changing the requirements and opened the club to women faculty and to wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. A section of the club, the Newcomers, welcomed new faculty. The collection consist of three scrapbooks covering the activities of the...
Identifier: AC 0286
Abstract The Women's Faculty Club began about 1910 as the Faculty Wives Club, and was limited to faculty wives. In 1918/19, the requirements changed and the Club was open to women faculty and wives of men affiliated with the university in a professional capacity. The Club has a special section, the Newcomers, that welcomed new faculty and invited them to participate in the Club. In 1991, it was renamed the University Women's Club. Records of the Club and the Newcomers section include committee...