Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Gentry history: from Essex, England to the western United States
History of the family of Samuel and Elizabeth Davis Gentry, Mormons who immigrated from England to Utah in 1864 and whose descendents settled in parts of Utah and southern Nevada. The collection contains material from 1983 created by Lillian G. Barnum.
Essay about Selina Walker Hammond
Biographical essay about Selina Walker Hammond, 1841-1921, a Mormon who pioneered in the Eagle Valley of southern Nevada with her husband John.
Pioneering and polygamy: women on the Mormon frontier
Collection created by University Nevada-Reno graduate student, Jimmie Sale. An examination of the roles pioneering and polygamy played among Mormon women, using personal accounts of a varied group of Mormon women. Material from 1983.
- Eagle Valley (Nev.) 1
- Mormons 1
- Mormons -- Nevada 1
- Mormons -- United States 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Nevada -- History -- 19th century 1
- Polygamy -- United States 1
- Utah -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Barnum, Lillian G. 1
- Broili, June 1
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 1
- Edwards, Mary Reid, 1912- 1
- Gentry family 1
- Gentry, Elizabeth Davis, 1825-1921 1
- Gentry, Samuel, 1821-1915 1
- Hammond, Selina Walker 1
- Sale, Jimmie 1 ∧ less