Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Georgie Hedrick was an elementary school teacher in Reno, Nevada. Included is correspondence related to Hedrick's efforts to have an elementary school in northern Nevada named in honor of Nevada Paiute Indian activist Sarah Winnemucca and to have Sarah selected as the subject of one of Nevada's two statues in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol building. Material between 1991-1992.
Fanny Dunbar Corbusier's recollections include her childhood in New Orleans; marriage to William Henry Corbusier in 1869; his medical practice in Ft. McDermitt, Nevada, from 1869-1872; Paiute Indians at Ft. McDermitt, including Sarah Winnemucca Hopkins; and their stay at other western Army posts in Arizona, New Mexico, Nebraska, and Wyoming. Material from 1918.
- Fort McDermitt (Nev.) -- History 1
- Indians of North America -- Biography 1
- Paiute Indians -- Nevada -- Fort McDermitt 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1
- Corbusier, Fanny Dunbar, 1838-1918 1
- Corbusier, William Henry, 1844-1930 1
- Hedrick, Georgia 1
- United States. Army 1