Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
My life with Will James
Incomplete manuscript autobiography of Alice Conradt James Ross' early married life with Will James. The collection contains material from 1936 created by Alice Conradt James.
National League of American Pen Women, Reno Branch Records
Abstract Founded in 1927 as a branch of the national organization, the purpose of the National League of American Pen Woment is to conduct and promote creative and educational activities in art, letters, and music. The collection includes minutes of meetings, correspondence, constitution and bylaws, membership lists, newspaper clippings of the League's and members' activities, and entries from the Junior Historians' Writers' contest. The scrapbooks contain branch charter (1927), photos, newspaper...
Mari Sandoz Correspondence
Abstract Mari Sandoz was an American author. Letters to Robert A. Griffen of Reno, Nevada, from Mari Sandoz. In Sandoz' letter of June 28, 1959, she discusses her book Hostiles and friendlies and other literature about the American West. Letter of Aug. 28, 1961, discusses the publication of her book, Ram in the thicket by Readers Digest, a re-issue of Cheyenne autumn, and her desire to obtain some of Griffen's Indian bead work and photos of his paintings. Letter of Dec. 27, 1961, thanks Griffen for...
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Women -- West (U.S.) 2
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Arizona -- Description and travel 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Correspondence 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Bruce, Irene, 1903-1987 1
- Burge, Florence S., 1912-1986 1
- Griffen, Robert A. 1
- James, Alice Conradt, 1904-1985 1
- James, Will, 1892-1942 1