Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The First Baptist Church of Reno was established in Reno, Nevada in 1875 as a spin-off of an earlier congregation in Virginia City, Nevada. It was governed by a Board of Trustees; a number of societies and circles were organized for women, youth, and men. Reverand C. L. Fisher was the first minister; the Reverand Brewster Adams was one of the most prominent ministers (1910-1946) and civic leaders. The Church also established mission churches in Verdi, Nevada in 1896, and East Reno (Sparks,...
The Ladies' Aid Society was a women's group of the Congregational Church in Reno. Included are accounts of meetings, lists of members, and financial records. Minutes frequently mention quilt making activities by the members, between 1899 and 1908.
- Baptists -- Nevada -- History 1
- Baptists -- West (U.S.) 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Sparks 1
- Church buildings -- Nevada -- Verdi 1
- Quiltmakers -- Nevada 1
- Adams, Brewster, 1879-1959 1
- Adams, Edna Raymond 1
- Church, Florence Humphrey 1
- Church, James Edward, Jr., 1869-1959 1
- Coffin, Carrie 1