Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
A True Love Story
Typescript account of the author's courtship in Lincoln County in 1889; presented by the author to the Daughters of Pioneers, 1936.
Maude Frazier collection
Includes correspondence and a biographical checklist on Maude Frazier, Nevada politician and educator, and Glass' biographical sketch on Frazier as submitted to Notable American women.
A biography of Marguerite H. Gosse who introduced the bill into the legislature that became the first Nevada state Nurse Practice Act, of 1923
Sketch of life of Marguerite H. Gosse, a member of the Nevada Assembly (1922-1924) and responsible for passage of legislation requiring examination and certification of graduate nurses. Material from 1960.
History of Walter J. Harris Family in Nevada and the Barnes Family in Nevada
Typescript biography of Walter J. Harris, native Nevadan, banker and member of the Freemasons; and a history of Everett's parents, his wife Grace Barnes Harris, and her family in Nevada.,Includes photos and a history of Dayton, Nevada by Fanny Gore Hazelet.
Georgia Hedrick Collection on Sarah Winnemucca
Georgie Hedrick was an elementary school teacher in Reno, Nevada. Included is correspondence related to Hedrick's efforts to have an elementary school in northern Nevada named in honor of Nevada Paiute Indian activist Sarah Winnemucca and to have Sarah selected as the subject of one of Nevada's two statues in the rotunda of the U.S. Capitol building. Material between 1991-1992.
The long journey
Lourinda R. Wines was a Basque-American woman who lived in Nevada. Autobiographical sketch tells how Wines came to the U.S. and Nevada from Spain in 1916 and her life in north central Nevada. Material from 1973.
Henry R. and Nellie Mighels Correspondence
Husband and wife Henry "Harry" Rust (1830-1879) and Nellie Verrill Mighels (1844-1945) were from Norway, Maine. Harry became owner of the Carson (City) Daily Appeal in 1865. They married in 1866 after a lengthy courtship by mail. The collection primarily contains correspondence between Nellie and Henry before their marriage.
Elizabeth Laidlaw Smith Letter
Letter to the librarian of the Univ. of Nevada-Reno, providing a biographical sketch of Laidlaw's family, the Smiths, in Reno; and Teddy Roosevelt's visit there.,Tipped into a book issued by the Nevada Commercial League of Reno, Reno, Nevada and its surroundings (Reno : Gazette Publishing Company, 1907); Special Collections call number F849.R4,R46 1907.
Twenty miles from a match
Manuscript of Olds' reminiscences of young woman-hood in Tuolumne County, California in the 1890s and homesteading and school teaching at Pyramid Lake, ca. 1908-1931.
History of White Pine Women
Elizabeth Stark was a member of the American Association of University Women, which was the sponsor of this women's history project. The collection contains biographies of women residents of White Pine County, Nevada, including the legend of Mary Stanton, a Shoshone Indian woman healer.
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Nevada 2
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Banks and banking -- Nevada 1
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History 1
- Carson daily appeal 1
- Dayton (Nev.) 1
- Education -- Nevada 1
- Indians of North America -- Biography 1
- Norway (Me. : Town) -- History 1
- Nurses -- Certification -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Tuolumne County (Calif.) 1
- United States -- Personal narratives -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- White Pine County (Nev.) 1 ∧ less
- Davis, Nellie Verrill Mighels 1
- Frazier, Maude, 1881-1963 1
- Glass, Mary Ellen, 1927- 1
- Gosse, Marguerie, H., 1890- 1
- Harris, Everett W. 1
- Harris, Grace Barnes, 1871-1934 1
- Harris, Walter James, 1863-1948 1
- Hazelet, Fanny Gore 1
- Hedrick, Georgia 1
- Mighels family 1
- Mighels, Henry R. (Henry Rust), 1830-1879 1
- Olds, Sarah E., 1875-1963 1
- Puddington, Grace E., 1890- 1
- Riverside Hotel (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Smith, Elizabeth Laidlaw 1
- Stanton, Mary, 1849-1964 1
- Stark, Elizabeth (Local historian) 1
- Verrall family 1
- Wines, Lourinda R. 1
- Winnemucca, Sarah, 1844?-1891 1
- Woods, Clara M. 1 ∧ less