Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Husband and wife Henry "Harry" Rust (-1879) and Nellie Verrill Mighels (1844-1945) were from Norway, Maine. Harry became owner of the Carson (City) Daily Appeal in 1865. They married in 1866 after a lengthy courtship by mail. The collection primarily contains correspondence between Nellie and Henry before their marriage.
Ester Nicholson (1902-1992) became a member of the League of Women Voters in 1927 and was active in League activities throughout the rest of her life. The collection includes Nicholson's files on the Nevada, Carson City, Las Vegas and U.S. Leagues of Women Voters, Nevada politics, Carson City (Nevada), and women in Nevada.
- Carson City (Nev.) 1
- Carson City (Nev.) -- History 1
- Carson daily appeal 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Norway (Me. : Town) -- History 1
- United States -- Personal narratives -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- Davis, Nellie Verrill Mighels 1
- League of Women Voters of Carson City 1
- League of Women Voters of Las Vegas 1
- Mighels family 1
- Mighels, Henry R. (Henry Rust), 1830-1879 1