Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview Herman D. Budelman served in the Nevada State Senate from January 1943 to November 1952. Collection contains one campaign card for Budelman's re-election to the Nevada State Senate from Nye County.
Dates: circa 1948
Abstract Virginia Cain was a Nevadan and a former director of the Support Enforcement Project of the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges. Included are reports, correspondence, names of delegates to conventions, names of county chairs, and minutes of the Nevada Democratic Party; reports, agendas, minutes, and other materials of the Democratic National Committee meeting of 1990; and miscellaneous conference materials. Material between 1980-1995.
Overview This collection relates almost entirely to Virginia Cain's involvement with the Democratic Party at the local, state, and national level. Included are administration and convention materials for the Democratic Party of Washoe County, the Nevada State Democratic Party, Democratic National Committee, and the Democratic Women's Club of Carson City and campaign materials for the election of Cain's daughter, Mary-Ellen McMullen, to the Board of Regents of the University of Nevada and for Justice...
Overview Thomas Arthur "Tom" Cooke was a prominent and well-respected lawyor in Reno. He married Martha Patricia "Patty" Herz, while in college at the University of Nevada in the early 1940s. The Cooke family was involved in a variety of environmental, recreational, and historic preservation projects and initiatives that sought to improve northern Nevada. Materials cover some aspects of the lives and careers of members of the Cooke and Herz families. Topics include Democratic politics in Nevada, Washoe...
Dates: 1855-2009; Majority of material found within 1940-2000
Abstract Political party election tickets listing candidates for national and Nevada offices.,Included are the Union ticket, 1864; National Union Democratic State and Union State tickets, 1866; Union Republican ticket, 1872; county convention in Virginia City, 1878; Silver Party convention, 1898; and Reno precinct list, n.d.
Abstract Vivian Freeman was a nurse in Reno, Nevada and a member of the Nevada State Assembly from Washoe County. Materials of Nevada women's organizations include bylaws, newsletters, minutes, and correspondence from the National Women's Political Caucus, Nevada and Anne Martin Chapters; Nevada League of Women Voters; Nevadans for Better Government; Reno Women's Network; and Hannah Humanitarian Award. Material between 1972-1982.
Overview Gertrude Gottschalk was active in Nevada politics, especially during the 1960s, and served as a committeewoman for the Democratic National Convention. Collection contains materials created and collected by Gottschalk during the 1960s, including President John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson inauguration ephemera, Democratic National Committee information, a small amount of material from the Nevada State Democratic Conference, and information from Gottschalk's 1966 campaign for Nevada State...
Overview Materials created by Harry Reid during his time in office, from Lieutenant Governor of Nevada to Senate Majority and Minority leader. The collection contains material from 1970-2016 created by Harry Reid.
Dates: circa 1970-2016
Overview This collection consists of materials documenting Janet MacEachern's political, legislative, and volunteer activities. Through organizations she was active with these papers document Nevada's legislative processes and the state's growth and development. Issues covered include reapportionment, nuclear waste sites, tax restructuring, water and land use, health planning, legislative reform, the ERA, and other Nevada political issues between 1965 and 1994
Abstract Joseph F. McDonald was an enthusiastic Democrat and counted many well-known state and national Democratic political figures among his friends. Included are letters to and from Nevada politicians, and from Harry S. Bunker, treasurer of Speidel Newspapers, Inc. In addition to letters there are occasionally newspaper clippings and election ephemeral (1937-1960).
- Names: Democratic Party (Nev.) X
- Nevada -- Politics and government 8
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 5
- Women -- Political activity -- Nevada 4
- Clippings 3
- Business correspondence 2
- Personal correspondence 2
- Political campaigns -- Nevada 2
- Politicians -- Nevada 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Boulder City (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Clark County (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Ely daily times (1920) 1
- Governors -- Nevada 1
- Governors -- Nevada -- Election 1
- Henderson (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Nevada 1
- Journalists -- Nevada 1
- Land use -- Planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Land use -- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- Medical care -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers 1
- Nevada state journal (Reno, Nev. : 1907) 1
- Older people -- Nevada 1
- Operation Haylift, 1949 -- Nevada 1
- Parks -- Planning -- Nevada 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Printed ephemera 1
- Public health -- Nevada 1
- Regional planning -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Reno (Nev.) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Tahoe, Lake (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- United States -- Politics and government 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) -- History 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- Women -- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Women -- Political activity -- United States 1
- Women -- West (U.S.) 1 ∧ less