Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Identifier: AC 0645
Overview Collection includes original blueprints and drawings of remodeling work for various University buildings during the twentieth century.
Identifier: AC 0433
Abstract Records related to the planning, funding, and construction of DeLaMare Library, the mining and engineering resources library located in the Mackay School of Mines, which was completed in 1997. The records include correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, planning records, architectural drawings, specifications and other construction records, promotional material, photographs, and miscellaneous related records. The series also contains a small quantity of general administrative records of the...
Abstract Correspondence, field notes, subject files, geologic reports, printed materials, maps, photographs related to Gianella's research in Nevada geology and earthquakes, his work at the Mackay School of Mines, and to routes of John C. Fremont and other early explorers of Nevada.
Identifier: AC 0264
Abstract One scrapbook with invitation, program, and photographs taken during the dedication. Photographs include Paul Laxalt and his brother, Nevada author Robert Laxalt. The program includes a biography of Paul Laxalt, and a brief history of the Mackay School of Mines by James V. Taranik.
Abstract The John A. Fulton Papers include papers and speeches presented by Fulton, chiefly on mining in Nevada and Grass Valley, California; correspondence on mining matters; and microfilm of a scrapbook.
Identifier: AC 0074
Abstract This collection consists of general correspondence with other geologists and graduate students concerning geologic formations; a 1942 report on Vlightburg Hill, Rondout, New York; a 1954 report on Eagle Springs, Nye County, Nevada; manuscript and notes on Mackay School of Mines: reminiscences on the growth of a college; and two copies of Across the cordillera: genesis of a geosyncline, a 16mm, 29 minute, color film on the geology of the Basin Range province of the Great Basin region.
Identifier: AC 0483
Abstract This collection consists of materials distributed at the Mackay Gala 2008: The Party of the Century, held at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino in Reno, Nevada, on April 26, 2008.
Identifier: AC 0363
Overview Originally dedicated on June 10, 1908, the John Mackay Statue was rededicated by the Mackay School of Mines on April 25, 1996. Collection contains materials created for the rededication ceremony.
Identifier: NUB 30/02
Scope and Contents Annual and Biennial reports.
- Names: Mackay School of Mines X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 19
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 4
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Academic libraries -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Architects -- Nevada 1
- Architecture -- Nevada 1
- College personnel management 1
- Copper mines and mining -- Nevada -- Elko County 1
- Donner Pass (Calif.) 1
- Earthquakes -- Nevada 1
- Fort Peck Dam (Mont.) -- Tunnels 1
- Galena Creek Bridge (Nev.) 1
- Geologists -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Great Basin 1
- Geology -- Nevada 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Eagle Springs 1
- Geology -- Nevada -- Nye County 1
- Geology -- New York (State) -- Rondout 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Hoover Dam (Ariz. and Nev.) 1
- Law enforcement -- Nevada 1
- Little Valley (Washoe County, Nev.) 1
- Malones (Calif.) 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- California 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- Nevada 1
- Mono Craters Tunnel (Calif.) 1
- Mountain City Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nurses -- Education -- Nevada 1
- Pyramid Lake (Nev.) 1
- Ranches -- Nevada 1
- Springfield (Mass.) 1
- Stead Air Force Base (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Tunneling -- California 1
- Tunneling -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Video recordings -- VHS 1
- Vocational education -- Nevada 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1 ∧ less