Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract The Buena Vista Mining District was located around the territorial town of Unionville in the Buena Vista Valley on the east slope of the West Humboldt Range. Collection contains the miners union bylaws and minutes book, 1862-1896, and mining claims record book, 1861-1862.
Scope and Contents Research materials and books related to the Sagebrush School, Ambrose Bierce, Mark Twain, and other literature.
Overview Mel Mathewson was a commercial artist who worked in both California and Reno, Nevada. Collection contains one print by Mathewson of Samuel Clemens.
Abstract Includes material related to Miller's career and interests, particularly the history of Nevada Territory and the theater. Included are correspondence, Miller's thesis and dissertation, scripts of plays performed by the Reno Little Theater and Reno Dramatic Club, sheet music, a minute book/account ledger of stock holders of the Silver Star Mining District (Comstock Lode), and a poster for Topliffe's Theatre (earliest known Nevada imprint, 1862). Material between 1860-1976.
Abstract James Redpath was proprietor of the Boston Lyceum Bureau who handled sales of Mark Twain's book Roughing it. Letter from Redpath to Mark Twain describing the sales and popularity of Twain's book Roughing it. Material from April 24, 1872.
Abstract Letter from Twain in Hartford, CT to Mr. Conway, praising Conway's talk on Tennyson's "Despair" (1882); telegram from Twain in Hartford to Webster & Company, cursing the telephone; letter from Twain at Albert Gate about Twain's response to a toast (1900); and a 10 cent U.S. postage stamp of Twain.
Abstract Student paper analysing Mark Twain's literary purpose as illustrated by his Nevada journalism career. The collection contains material from 1937 created by Doris T. Trautman.
- Names: Twain, Mark X
- American drama -- 20th century 1
- Artists -- Nevada -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 19th century 1
- Buena Vista Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Comstock Lode Mining District (Nev.) 1
- Mining law -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- History 1
- Nevada -- Newspapers -- History 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Overland journeys to the Pacific 1
- Publishers and publishing -- Massachusetts -- Boston -- Correspondence 1
- Theater -- Nevada -- 19th century 1
- Unionville (Nev.) 1
- Virginia City (Nev.) 1 ∧ less