Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The Eva Bertrand Adams Papers have been divided into four series reflecting the three segments of Eva Adams' life represented in these papers.Included in the first group are papers generated from the Senatorial offices of Pat McCarran, 1936-1954; Ernest Brown, 1954; and Alan Bible, 1954-1960. Material from the McCarran era dominates the group and includes Senator McCarran's papers as well as those of Eva Adams, his Administrative Assistant. Office files, financial records, political...
Overview Alan Bible, a Nevada politician and attorney, served as the District Attorney of Storey County from 1935-1938 until he was appointed Deputy Attorney General of Nevada in 1938. In 1942, Bible was appointed State Attorney, and served in that position until 1950. Upon resignation from that position, he resumed private practice of law, which would continue throughout the rest of his career. In 1954, Bible was appointed to serve in the United States Senate, filling the vacancy left upon the death...
Overview Richard Hudson Bryan is an American attorney and politician who served as a United States Senator from Nevada from 1989-2001. A Democrat, Bryan served as the 25th Governor of Nevada from 1983-1989, and before that served as the state's attorney general and a member of the State Senate. The collection contains material covering Richard Bryan's campaign for and career in the U.S. Senate, 1989-2001, following his time as Nevada's governor. The bulk of the papers come from his second term in the...
Dates: 1971-2002; Majority of material found within 1989-2001
Overview Materials cover John Ensign's career as a U.S. Senator from Nevada from 2001 until his resignation on May 3, 2011. Files are only from his Washington D.C. office, with the bulk coming from Ensign's first term during the 107th to 109th congresses (2001-2006). The collection include correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and hearings, news clips, reports, and some audio/visual records. A few photographs and memorabilia are also included.
Overview Dean Arthur Heller (1960- ), a Nevada Republican, served as a Nevada State Assemblyman, 1990-1994; Nevada Secretary of State, 1994-2007; two and a half terms in the U.S. House of Representatives, 2006-2011; and one term as Nevada U.S. Senator, 2012-2019. The collection contains press releases created by Heller during his term as a U.S. Senator representing Nevada.
Overview Paul Laxalt (1922-2018) was a politician from Nevada and the first Basque-American senator. The collection covers Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C., as well as materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984 and includes correspondence,...
Abstract Joseph T. McDonnell (1908-1985) was a lawyer and worked for Senators Pat McCarran and Alan Bible. The collection contains the papers of Joseph, his wife Gladys Morris McDonnell (1912-1983), and her parent's Richard L. (1885-1965) and Jessie (Williams) Morris (1886-1965). Included are diaries, papers related to Joseph's careers as lawyer and legislative assistant, correspondence, legal documents, family records, books, photos, and memorabilia. Of particular note are letters written by Joseph to...
Dates: 1885-circa 1982
- Names: United States. Congress. Senate X
- Politicians -- Nevada 3
- Gambling -- Government policy -- United States 2
- Gambling -- Law and legislation -- United States 2
- Gambling industry -- Government policy -- United States 2
- Hazardous waste sites -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 2
- Legislators -- United States -- Archives 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Yucca Mountain (Nev.) 2
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 2
- Air bases -- Nevada 1
- Bombing and gunnery ranges -- Nevada -- Fallon Region 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Education -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Federal aid to community development -- United States 1
- Groundwater -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Infrastructure (Economics) -- United States 1
- Korea -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1948 1
- Land conservation 1
- Las Vegas sun 1
- Legislators -- Nevada 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Mining law -- Nevada 1
- Mints -- United States 1
- Natural resources conservation areas -- Nevada 1
- Nevada Test Site (Nev.) 1
- Numismatics 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politics, Practical 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Press releases 1
- Public lands 1
- Public lands -- Nevada 1
- Tax administration and procedure -- United States 1
- Veterans -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States 1
- Water conservation 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Wilderness areas -- Nevada 1
- Women -- United States -- Social conditions 1 ∧ less