Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview Contains material generated in the Senatorial offices of Pat McCarran, Ernest Brown, and Alan Bible, material related to Eva Adams' term as Director of the U.S. Mint and personal papers reflecting her family, youth, education, business involvements, and special interests.
Abstract Nevada U.S. Senator, 1954-1974; District Attorney of Storey County, Nevada, 1935-1940; Nevada State Attorney General, 1942-1950. Contains material covering the period of Bible's career in the U.S. Senate, 1954-1974. A large part concerns legislation introduced or sponsored by Alan Bible also legislation affecting Nevadans. Correspondence from Nevadans requesting help or information on legislative topics is another major part of the collection.
Abstract Contains material covering Richard Bryan's campaign for and career in the U. S. Senate,1989-2001, following his time as Nevada's governor. The bulk of the papers come from his second term in the 104th to 106th Congress (1995-2001). Papers include legislative subject files, correspondence, reports, hearings, speeches, press releases, news clippings, photographs, audio and visual records, and ephemera.
Abstract Materials cover John Ensign's career as a U.S. Senator from Nevada from 2001 until his resignation on May 3, 2011. Files are only from his Washington D.C. office, with the bulk coming from Ensign's first term during the 107th to 109th congresses (2001-2006). The collection include correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and hearings, news clips, reports, and some audio/visual records. A few photographs and memorabilia are also included.
Overview Dean Arthur Heller (1960- ), a Nevada Republican, served as a Nevada State Assemblyman, 1990-1994; Nevada Secretary of State, 1994-2007; two and a half terms in the U.S. House of Representatives, 2006-2011; and one term as Nevada U.S. Senator, 2012-2019. The collection contains press releases created by Heller during his term as a U.S. Senator representing Nevada.
Abstract Covers Paul Laxalt's career as a U. S. Senator from Nevada from 1974 until his resignation effective January 3, 1987. Files are comprised of materials retained from offices in Carson City, Reno, Las Vegas, and Washington, D.C. The initial group currently available consists of materials retained from Senator Laxalt's time as the chair for Ronald Reagan's presidential campaigns in 1976, 1980, and 1984. The collection includes correspondence, speeches, schedules, legislative work on bills and...
Abstract Papers of Mr. & Mrs. McDonnell and her parents, Mr. & Mrs. Richard L. Morris. Included are diaries, papers related to Joseph's careers as lawyer and legislative assistant, correspondence, legal documents, family records, books, photos, and memorabilia. Of particular note are letters written by Joseph to Gladys while he was stationed in Korea, 1945-1946.
- Names: United States. Congress. Senate X
- Politicians -- Nevada 3
- Gambling -- Government policy -- United States 2
- Gambling -- Law and legislation -- United States 2
- Gambling industry -- Government policy -- United States 2
- Hazardous waste sites -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 2
- Legislators -- United States -- Archives 2
- Nevada -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Radioactive waste disposal -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Yucca Mountain (Nev.) 2
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 2
- Air bases -- Nevada 1
- Bombing and gunnery ranges -- Nevada -- Fallon Region 1
- Conservatism—United States—History—20th century 1
- Education -- Nevada 1
- Environmental protection -- Tahoe, Lake, Region (Calif. and Nev.) 1
- Federal aid to community development -- United States 1
- Groundwater -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Hazardous wastes -- Nevada -- Yucca Mountain 1
- Indians of North America -- Nevada 1
- Infrastructure (Economics) -- United States 1
- Korea -- History -- Allied occupation, 1945-1948 1
- Land conservation 1
- Las Vegas sun 1
- Legislators -- Nevada 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Mining law -- Nevada 1
- Mints -- United States 1
- Natural resources conservation areas -- Nevada 1
- Nevada Test Site (Nev.) 1
- Numismatics 1
- Political parties -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Politicians -- California 1
- Politics, Practical 1
- Presidential candidates—United States—History 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Press releases 1
- Public lands 1
- Public lands -- Nevada 1
- Tax administration and procedure -- United States 1
- Veterans -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States 1
- Water conservation 1
- Water-supply -- Nevada 1
- Wilderness areas -- Nevada 1
- Women -- United States -- Social conditions 1 ∧ less