Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 131
Identifier: AC 0467
Overview Ruth Louise Barakat was a student at the University of Nevada from 1946-1950. The collection contains newspaper clippings and graduation memorabilia of Barakat.
Identifier: AC 0636
Abstract The Book of the Oath records consist of the Book of the Oath, with signatures from the graduating classes from 1920-1964; along with correspondence and an article concerning the creation of the book, minutes from the Board of Regents concerning discontinuing having graduating students sign the book, and an 1925 issue of "Christian Education” with an article about the oath.
Overview Blanche Parker and Robert Bryant graduated from the University of Nevada in 1946 and 1949 respectively. Soon after enrolling at the University, Robert enlisted in the Army Air Corps. After training, he was deployed to Italy where he served during the last year of World War II. During this time, Blanche continued studying and also worked at the Herlong Army Depot in munitions. In 1946, while in her senior year, Blanche and Robert met. They were married on June 11, 1949, at Our Lady of the Snows...
Identifier: AC 0143
Overview In 1970, James W. Hulse, professor of history, agreed to write the history of the University of Nevada, in anticipation that the publication might appear in the university's centennial year. The University of Nevada: A Centennial History was published in 1974 by the University of Nevada Press. The collection contains notes and materials compiled for writing the centennial history of the university, and include publications, news clippings, reports, and...
Identifier: AC 0589
Overview The University's Fine Arts Building was designed by Richard J. Neutra and Robert E. Alexander, Architects headquartered in Los Angeles, California. The collection is composed of biographical material about Dr. James E. Church, building specifications, cornerstone ceremony material, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and an invitation for a viewing of the UNR Fine Arts Complex.
Identifier: AC 0267
Abstract Correspondence between Richard G. Lillard and James E. Church. Church responds to Lillard's request for a "... long-range over-view of University affairs" and briefly describes previous university presidents and their administrations. Lillard was a consultant on the publication, The University of Nevada: an appraisal, the report of the university survey, 1956.
Identifier: AC 0596
Abstract Created by the University of Nevada, Reno. The collection is composed of class schedules for fall, summer session, and spring semesters (1930-2010).
Overview The Commencement Invitation Collection was discovered by Lou Allard during the demolition of a home in Reno, Nevada. The collection includes commencement invitations between 1882-1906 sent to Benjamin Franklin and Isabel Leete from various individuals graduating from Bishop Whitaker's School for Girls and the University of Nevada.
Identifier: AC 0105
Overview College Bowl began in 1953 as a radio program under sponsorship of the General Electric Company, moving to television in 1959. Each week two collegiate undergraduate teams would compete to be the first to correctly answer a variety of scholarly questions. The winner would return the following week, and the school would receive a General Electric scholarship grant. In 1963, the University of Nevada was invited to compete. The collection includes correspondence regarding the appearance,...
Overview Clel Evan Georgetta (1901-1979) was White Pine County's Assemblyman for two terms and a member of the Nevada Republican State Central Committee (1935-1942). He was instrumental in passing the six-week divorce residency requirement and authored laws on range and water rights. The collection includes typescripts of Georgetta's fiction and non-fiction manuscripts, both published and unpublished, much of it based on Nevada themes, characters, and locales; personal diaries letters to daughter Caryl...
- Names: University of Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 127
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 4
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada 4
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 3
- Athletics -- Nevada 2
- College buildings -- Nevada -- Reno 2
- Commencement ceremonies -- Nevada 2
- Oaths -- Nevada 2
- Agricultural machinery -- Design and construction 1
- Albums (Books) 1
- Architecture -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Art -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Artists -- Nevada 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Bonds -- Nevada 1
- Clubs -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- College campuses -- Nevada -- Reno -- Maps 1
- College sports -- Nevada 1
- College students -- Nevada 1
- Divorce -- Nevada 1
- Dormitories -- Nevada 1
- Foreign correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Greek letter societies -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Gymnasiums -- Nevada 1
- Invitation cards 1
- Judges -- Nevada 1
- Lawyers -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Manners and customs -- Nevada 1
- Mina (Nev.) -- Anecdotes 1
- Minorities -- Nevada 1
- Nevada -- Description and travel 1
- Nevada -- Fiction 1
- Nevada -- Politics and government 1
- Photographs 1
- Postcards 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Schedules, School 1
- School mascots -- Nevada 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sheep ranches -- Nevada 1
- Sports for women -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Students -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Mascots 1
- Universities and colleges -- Social aspects -- Nevada -- Reno 1
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc 1
- War correspondents -- Diaries 1
- Wolves Frolic, Reno, Nev., 1918-1938 1
- Women -- Nevada 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 1 ∧ less