Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: AC 0582
Overview The University President established the Arboretum Board in 1974. The University of Nevada, Reno campus was established as a state arboretum by the 1985 Nevada Legislature "to increase the knowledge and appreciation of the public of flora indigenous to Nevada and from other areas and to provide a place where they may be planted and cultivated as memorials." The collection includes an aerial topographic survey of the campus, Arbor Day material, campus walk brochures, correspondence, dedication...
Identifier: AC 0477
Overview The Board of Regents was established by the Nevada State Constitution in 1864 with the first Board created in 1865. The Board is responsible for the governance of the institutions comprising the Nevada System of Higher Education. Records consist of agendas, minutes, and materials submitted during Board meetings and used by the secretary of the Board to prepare the final minutes, including Nevada System of Higher Education budget reports.
Identifier: AC 0617
Abstract Transferred from the Fire Science Academy in 2013 this collection includes files relating to the administration of the Fire Science Academy as well as classes taught, information on disaster management, and information on the purchase of the Carlin facility from 1998-2010.
Identifier: AC 0554
Overview Dr. Milton D. Glick was born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 30, 1937. He obtained his doctorate degree in chemistry at the University of Wisconsin in Madison and married Peggy Porter in 1965. Dr. Glick joined the chemistry faculty at Wayne State University in Detroit, where he eventually became Chair of the Department of Chemistry and published 99 research articles. The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Milton D. Glick, include bylaws, capital improvement studies,...
Identifier: AC 0520
Overview The president is the chief administrative officer of the University of Nevada, Reno. Duties and responsibilities are prescribed by the Board of Regents. The president may be assisted in the conduct of the duties of the office by vice-presidents and other administrators. The president may also establish and appoint boards and committees. The Nevada System of Higher Education’s Board of Regents appointed Dr. Marc Johnson to serve as the 16th president of the University of Nevada, Reno on April...
Identifier: AC 0556
Overview John Mark Lilley was born on March 24, 1939, in Converse, Louisiana, the son of a Baptist minister. He graduated from Baylor University in 1964 with bachelor's degrees in music education and church music and a master's degree in music. He then worked at the University of Southern California and entered its doctoral program. He taught at The Claremont Colleges from 1966-1976, completing his Ph.D. in music from USC in 1971. John M. Lilley served as the fourteenth president of the University of...
Identifier: AC 0548
Overview The Records of the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, Joseph N. Crowley consist of administrative files, bylaws, correspondence, planning documents, and material about academic units, the Board of Regents, campus committees, and university athletics, as well as reports. Correspondents include U. S. Senators Richard Bryan and Harry Reid and Nevada Attorney General Frankie Sue Del Papa. Among the reports are the 1999 Core Curriculum Program Review and various accreditation reports....
- Names: University of Nevada, Reno. Fire Science Academy X
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Administration 4
- College sports -- Nevada 2
- Truckee River (Calif. and Nev.) -- Water diversion 2
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 2
- Arbor Day 1
- Athletics -- Nevada 1
- Campus police -- Nevada 1
- Education, Higher -- Nevada 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Fire fighters -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Higher education and state -- Nevada 1
- Lobbying -- Law and legislation -- Nevada 1
- National Collegiate Athletic Association 1
- Pharmacy -- Study and teaching -- Nevada 1
- Reno (Nev.) -- Politics and government 1
- Scholarships -- Nevada 1
- Teachers -- Training of -- Nevada 1
- Trees -- Nevada 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Faculty 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Finance 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Employees 1
- Universities and colleges -- Nevada -- Reno -- Faculty 1
- Walker River (Nev.) 1
- Washoe County (Nev.) 1
- Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository Site 1 ∧ less