Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 27
Identifier: AC 0314
Overview Collection consists of flyers and brochures announcing exhibits at the Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, undated-1989, and Art Department bulletins and newsletters, 1963-1990. Newsletters include: Art Forum, 1963-1967; Contact, 1967-1977; News from the Art Club, 1981-1983; and Preview, 1976-1990. Among the exhibit items is a description of the inaugural exhibition in the Church Fine Arts Building, with a foreword by J. Craig Sheppard, artist and Chair of the Department of Art.
Abstract The Elko Area Council on the Arts was an Elko, Nevada, organization formed to promote and aid the arts in northeastern Nevada. Registry from 1980 lists all artists and craftsmen in northeastern Nevada, both amateur and professional and was created to serve as an information and resource clearing house.
Abstract Thelma E. Calhoun was a Nevadan and elected to both the Carson City Board of Supervisors and the City Council. Collection includes a resume; autobiography which includes sections on Virginia City and Carson City, Nevada, in the 1940s, and the Nevada State Museum. Material between 1967-1993.
Overview Mel Mathewson (1923-2001) was a commercial artist who worked in both California and Reno, Nevada. The collection contains one print by Mathewson of Samuel Clemens.
Dates: 20th century
Overview Prudence Moon Ford was a resident of Las Vegas and Carson City, Nevada. The collection includes correspondence to Prudence, samples of her original floral watercolor greeting cards, lyrics for music she played, address book, appointment calendar which served as her diary, and obituary notices. Also included are correspondence and photographs from her sons, Oscar and Samuel Ford.
Collection — Box: AC 0531-AC 0534
Identifier: AC 0533
Abstract The Department of Art's Gallery South, located in the Jot Travis Building, opened in the Fall of 2012. It is used to display student work. The Gallery South records consist of marketing material for exhibits.
Overview Ruth Hilts (1923- ) is a Nevada-based artist who works in a variety of mediums including watercolor, acrylics, and charcoal. The Ruth Hilts Papers consist of materials from her personal life and artistic career. Materials include papers, original artwork, photographs, and paint pigments.
Abstract Art club in Reno, Nevada, founded in 1921 and named after Lorenzo P Latimer, who taught art in Reno beginning in 1916. Members gave programs and demonstrations, held yearly competitions, and provided maintenance and financial support for the Reno Art Gallery. Included are membership rolls and records of receipts and disbursements, a history of the club which covers 1916-1974, and undated meeting minutes.
Overview Founded in 1921 by watercolor students of Lorenzo Latimer, the Latimer Art Club was the first art club in the state of Nevada. It is dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of fine arts in Nevada. The ollection consists of club history materials, information on Lorenzo Latimer, and minutes and yearly records from 1921-2006.
Overview Lyle Hardin (1911-1980) was an artist and ranch hand well-known for his art depicting cowboys and the American West. Collection contains one unbound copy of The Life and Times of Cowboy Artist Lyle Hardin, 1911-1980 written by Barbara J. Jeffries.
- Subject: Artists -- Nevada X
- University of Nevada, Reno. Special Collections Department 19
- University of Nevada, Reno. University Archives 8
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Art 5
- McCormick, James C. (James Calvin), 1936- 4
- Sheppard Fine Art Gallery 3
- Sheppard, Craig, 1913-1978 3
- University of Nevada, Reno. School of the Arts 3
- Caples, Robert Cole 2
- De Longchamps, Joanne, 1923-1983 2
- Latimer Art Club 2
- Latimer, Lorenzo Palmer, 1857-1941 2
- Shafton, Anthony 2
- Sheppard, Yolande Jacobson, 1921-1998 2
- Burnell, Mary 1
- Calhoun, James W., 1903- 1
- Calhoun, Thelma E., 1913-1998 1
- Clark, Walter Van Tilburg 1
- Cooper, Audrey (Artist) 1
- De Longchamps, Dare, 1949-1976 1
- De Longchamps, Galen 1
- Dial Club (University of Nevada, Reno) 1
- Elko Area Council on the Arts 1
- Ford, Oscar (Of Carson City, Nev.) 1
- Ford, Prudence Moon, 1901-1993 1
- Ford, Samuel 1
- Haigh, Audrey 1
- Hardin, Lyle 1
- Hawkins, Frances (Artist) 1
- Hilts, Ruth G. 1
- Hulse, James W. 1
- Jeffries, Barbara J. 1
- Long, Walter S. (Walter Sully) 1
- Long, Walter S. (Walter Sully), 1842-1907 1
- Martinez, Edward, 1934- 1
- Mathewson, Mel 1
- McNamara, Walter 1
- Nabors, Carol 1
- Natches, Gilbert 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.) 1
- Nevada Art Gallery (Reno, Nev.)--History 1
- Nevada Artists' Association 1
- Nevada State Museum 1
- Olympic Winter Games (8th : 1960 : Squaw Valley, Calif.) 1
- Pallesen, Carol 1
- Reno Art Gallery 1
- Rosenberg, Howard 1
- Sheppard Contemporary 1
- Terlizzi-no, Loretta 1
- Twain, Mark 1
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Northern Nevada 1
- University of Nevada 1
- University of Nevada, Reno. Department of Speech and Theatre 1
- Walker-Wassuk Arts Alliance, Inc 1
- Walters, Larry A. 1
- Walton, Richard Guy 1
- Washoe Pines Ranch (Nev.) 1 ∧ less